Search results

1. jsrtheta

Do CD players sound different to each other?

This is anecdotal, but true. I did a double blind test of a Theta DS Pro Gen Va (massively overbuilt, about $8k new) against a PS Audio DL-3 (PS' bottom rung). DAC chips were, IIRC, Burr Brown PCM63PK in the Theta, Burr Brown PCM1702 in the PS Audio. Couldn't reliably distinguish between the...
  2. jsrtheta

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I suspect his attorney will tell him to shut up and cool it. In U.S. there are a number of ways to have a suit dismissed by a court. "Failure to state a claim" is my personal fave. And it is not unheard of for a judge to look at the plaintiff's attorney and say, "Are you kidding me?"
  3. jsrtheta

Courts don't like frivolous lawsuits. At all.
  4. jsrtheta

I don't think there will be a lawsuit.
  5. jsrtheta

Stop Making Sense.
  6. jsrtheta

Sure, but a decent lawyer can write a letter and likely end this. And tipping that you don't want to hire an attorney might only encourage the guy. Truth is still a defense, too.
  7. jsrtheta

Yeah, the problem is that it would be such an idiotic lawsuit. And is it possible to "besmirch" Fremer's reputation? Impossibility is a defense, I believe.
  8. jsrtheta

There are numerous defenses that can likely kill any such case. Talk to an attorney and hand the case to him or her. Civil procedure provides numerous challenges to civil suits. Defamation is mostly, I think, a state court issue, not federal, but there are ways for a case to go federal. And...
  9. jsrtheta

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

I just wrote a similar post without first reading yours. I agree with everything in that post.
  10. jsrtheta

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

This is by no means my field, and what follows is NOT legal advice. 1. The main issue, I imagine, is on what basis can a lawsuit lie? For example, to take a hoary, but apt example, if you misstate (aka lie) about purely technical issues, such as how many and what kind of inputs there are, you...
  11. jsrtheta

Catalogue of blind tests

Of course they do - they are in the market for selling amplifiers, not blind testing. It's what the law calls "puffery", which is the advertising practice of making a product sound better than its competitors. Certain claims are to be expected ("sounds better"; "unequaled") that are not capable...
  12. jsrtheta

Measurements of Gustard P26 Preamplifier

It sounds like, since the last setting made was 65, all inputs will be at 65.
  13. jsrtheta

Niles SI-275 Amplifier Review

Since my earlier comments on this thread, I've had two Niles SI-245s. As good amps as any I've heard and reliable as heck.
  14. jsrtheta

Niles SI-275 Amplifier Review

I've heard nothing good about Speakercraft. A lot of failures.
  15. jsrtheta

The Truth About Vinyl Records

I believe this is HIGHLY dependent on the artist. Many artists know the sound and performance they want, and work tirelessly, and knowledgeably, to attain it. And this is not new at all.
  16. jsrtheta

Erin excellent Video on a good Budget hifi

Having been born in the 1950s, I'm as Baby Boomer as it gets. And I've been using subs in every system since 1990. Not sure why I wouldn't.
  17. jsrtheta

Denon AVRs vs Integrated stereo Amplifiers for 2 channel music

(Let me try this again.) If you can't tell the difference via valid blind testing, then for you there isn't one. If repeated testing shows that others can't differentiate between the sources tested, then it's likely an answered question. This has been known for a very long time.
  18. jsrtheta

Denon AVRs vs Integrated stereo Amplifiers for 2 channel music

It's easy to test. If yuo can't tell the differ3ence blind, you
  19. jsrtheta

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

I fully expect swallowing goldfish to make a comeback any day now.
  20. jsrtheta

What gear you wouldn't buy because of its name or cult status.

You should tell them. I'm sure they will apologize and rename the entire line.
Top Bottom