Search results

1. 312elements

DMP-A6 vs Wiim volume control

I'm fairly familiar with the Wiim, but I'm curious about the DMP-A6 and how it handles volume control. Will the Evernote control the volume of external dacs and if so does it do it in a way that is different or better than the Wiim in terms of SNR when using an external DAC?
  2. 312elements

Hypothetical connecting 2 Minidsp flex

Most of the posts I’ve read regarding using two minidsp’s simultaneously blame asynchronous usb as being the reason it won’t work well. Has anyone tried using a WiiM pro with a toslink splitter? I know that this is an edge case scenario, but figured it couldn’t hurt to ask. The WiiM has the...
  3. 312elements

Help building DIY digital active crossovers

I'm getting all of my ducks in a row for digital active crossovers and I'm interested in any personal experiences regarding software. Not sure if it matters, but I'll also add that this will be a 3 way plus subwoofers. The options I'm currently considering are using something like a raspberry pi...
  4. 312elements

Power supply limited amplifiers

You’ve probably seen the specs. The description says 300 watts and you do the math on the included smps only to find that there’s no world in which 300w is possible. My question is if you were to run the amplifier in mono (not bridged) but only using one channel. No rca or xlr connexted to the...
  5. 312elements

Converting a speaker to active

For simplicity sake, at my office, I'm considering packing an ice power module or similar into some bookshelf speakers. Is there a readymade solution for this type of conversion. I'm not looking to add any DSP (I intend to utilize the passive crossover), I'd just like to have a couple of RCA or...
  6. 312elements

Amplifier Suggestions Wanted

I’m in the market for an amplifier. Requirements are: XLR inputs No DSP Class A, AB, or D, but if class D it would have to be TOTL modules Ability to drive speakers with sensitivity of 89db Immediate Delivery in US (company produces/keeps stock of amps vs build to order) Around $1000 for 2...
  7. 312elements

I still don't understand DAC's

While not being a long time member here, I've read enough posts to generally get the gist of things. A DAC's job is to convert a digital file into an analog signal. It seems most DAC's have a gain stage at the end that then boosts that signal to line level which then gets fed to an amplifier...
  8. 312elements

A journey in setting up a personal listening station. The Good The Bad and The Ugly

It was about 10 years ago that I bought a pair of Grado 225's and I thought it was a real big deal. The local shops here in Chicago push Grado hard, they looked cool, and they fit the budget. I think at the time I purchased a little Fiio amp to go with it, and I was as happy as could be...
Top Bottom