Search results

1. 312elements

2-Way speaker help

He’s got another one with sphere shaped single drivers but those are crossed over to subwoofers.
  2. 312elements

2-Way speaker help

Your response was uncivilized at best and now you're putting words in my mouth. I inferred nothing of the sort. Maybe try treating people with dignity and respect and you'll get some in return.
  3. 312elements

2-Way speaker help

I was going to dare you to move on to another thread if you didn’t have anything valuable to contribute to the conversation but then I remembered that I’m not 12.
  4. 312elements

2-Way speaker help

@AdamFrandsen have you looked through this thread? @ppataki is fairly far down this rabbit hole (he’s got a few fantastic build threads with one way speakers). https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/fullrange-speaker-project-based-on-markaudio-chr-120.31219/ It’s quite...
  5. 312elements

2-Way speaker help

I’d go MAOP personally. The 2-way will measure better assuming you get the crossover right, but the MAOP will be harder to mess up and with some EQ can measure well. Not sure if it’s an option, but have you ran the numbers on what sealed box with an 80hz tuning looks like with a subwoofer to...
  6. 312elements

Sphere shaped speakers with CHN110 drivers

That plugin isn’t cheap, but appears to be worth it.
  7. 312elements

2-Way speaker help

How did you settle on that turning frequency? I'm not suggesting that driver isn't capable of working at that frequency in the right enclosure, but if the plan is to crossover to a subwoofer anyway you can make better use of the power and performance by limiting the lower bandwidth in the...
  8. 312elements

Which order to apply room correction tools?

I think this subject in general is documented very poorly and I’m surprised that there aren’t better tutorials from better teachers. Most of the tutorials and even threads associated with topic aren’t helpful. First off the subject of room correction, and crossover design/ bass management...
  9. 312elements

Which order to apply room correction tools?

I had that device and it was pretty awful from an adc standpoint. It actually turned me off of ADC in the signal chain, but it seems like modern hardware has more or less made that a non-issue.
  10. 312elements

How to match my tube pre-amp with various SS power amps

Those exist, but tend to introduce noise if their own.
  11. 312elements

Bands you just didn't 'get' initially

When I first heard The White Stripes (maybe 2000) I had a real hard time getting into it. It was like I was living the Johnny Be Good scene in Back to the Future. As time passed I really began to appreciate their contribution and to this day I find Jack White to be a musical wizard of sorts.
  12. 312elements

The distortion on the prima Luna likely increases as you adjust the volume so I get why you might have a preference here. The NAD c298 that I have has almost 29db of gain and can also be run mono which might increase the gain further, I’m not sure. It’s got no real sound signature of its own so...
  13. 312elements

Your amp appears to have 32db of gain which is normal so it doesn’t surprise me that other amps require more juice from your preamp to get to the same level. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/nad-2200-vintage-amplifier-review.13960/
  14. 312elements

Frankstein full-range drivers speakers - what have I created? Why does it seem to work?

Those drivers have a wide almost 10db peak around 9000hz if I recall but flatten out nicely at about 15 degrees off axis so if it starts to feel bright turn them out into the room a little.
  15. 312elements

Frankstein full-range drivers speakers - what have I created? Why does it seem to work?

The bass response is probably decently flat with the hole plugged, just anemic. F3 around 100hz in that box.
  16. 312elements

Does Phase Distortion/Shift Matter in Audio? (no*)

Hey Mitch, thanks for posting the link. I actually got a lot more out of your other video, “ Understanding the State of the Art of Digital Room Correction” For what it’s worth, and I doubt that I’m alone in this, but I really appreciated the step by step process and the suggestions you made...
  17. 312elements

Does Phase Distortion/Shift Matter in Audio? (no*)

I’m clearly out of my league here and I appreciate all of your contributions to the conversation. It’s become clear that I’m sitting at the wrong table but if you could humor one more question… Let’s assume that I’ve got a well measuring 3 way speaker. A speaker that @amirm would deem...
  18. 312elements

Great driver for single driver no crossover speaker?

115hz F3 in a simple sealed box I fear will leave you wanting more.
  19. 312elements

Great driver for single driver no crossover speaker?

How much experience do you have designing transmission lines? There are a bunch of designs over on DIY audio that would work with this similarly sized and priced speaker (mark audio MAOP 10) . Depending on what you value in terms of measurements, one could argue that this measures a little...
Top Bottom