Search results

1. I

Marantz SR8015 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Have you tried the MultEQ app with your Marantz? Last week, before buying the Onkyo as a temporary replacement of the 6700H, I heard a SR7013 Marant AVR and the voices although not as bad as the 6700H didn't sound as good as with my Onkyo...
  2. I

I did use the MultEQ and played around with the curve, not extensively, not scientifically, but no matter what I did the voices sound the same. I even changed the curve to ALL FLAT in the central channel and the unnatural distorted voice still was there. I even thought that my expensive B&W...
  3. I

Well, what I can say is that no matter how much I tweaked my 6700H I couldn't find a fix to the sounding of my center channel. I guess maybe by extensively using the MultEQ app and modifying the curve I could have gotten a different result but I doubt it. Even if that was the case, why bother if...
  4. I

Yes indeed. I did turn off Audyssey OFF, and it's absolutely true that I heard a positive improvement in the handling of voices, BUT the problem was that the surround sounds and the whole sensation of having multichannel effects somehow was diminished in comparison with Audyssey on. It's like I...
  5. I

Yes, very good points. The problem in my case is that I have a fixation on my CENTER CHANNEL VOICES problem and even with the best placebo if the problem persists I know I am going to detect it. The SR8015 was not on demo at my local vendor, but I heard a Marantz 7013 and I didn't notice much...
  6. I

Thank you very much, such an interesting possibility!
  7. I

Now that's an expert talking! It's quite a delight to read someone with such clear knowledge as you and, yes, now that you mention THX SETTINGS I think that's the reason why with my Onkyo I never had such problems with my center speaker. With my Onkyo when I changed the listening mode to THX the...
  8. I

Denon AVR-X6700H AVR Review (Updated)

Is the SR8015 a good substitution for all the problems one are experiencing with the Denon 6700H? Do both equipments have different sound signatures or they sound much alike?
  9. I

I don't like at all how my central channel speaker sounds with my 6700H and I miss the sound I was getting from my Onkyo NR 787. Is is TRUE that as both the 6700H and the SR8015 uses the same Audyssey calibration tool and share some internal parts, that both equipments sound much alike? I'm...
  10. I

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

Thank you, quite interesting. Alas, none of those speakers you said are available for me to buy; well maybe looking very thoroughly used ads but nevertheless I found fascinating the legacy of the NS1000. I found this 1976 review...
  11. I

I LOVE resolving speakers! Likewise, I thought ATC speakers were the most resolving speakers out there and would love to know what brands/models are your more resolving speakers to give them a try please. Thank you!
  12. I

Chord Hugo M Scaler - Stereophile Review (measurements also)

Have any actual owner of the Qutest paired it with the M-Scaler? What do you think? Was the improvement noticeable? Best regards,
  13. I

I know it could sound like an exaggeration. I could have thought that as well, but that's why I made my post because I'm very impressed about how much a DAC like this could mean to your system. That's why I also posted my equipment. I know what to expect when you make some changes to your...
  14. I

Hi. Just wanted to make a QUICK REPORT based on my experience. My amps: PrimaLuna Dialogue HP Power Amplifier and NAD M22 V2. My speakers: ATC SCM7 V3 - Wharfedale Denton 80th - Wharfedale Linton 85th - B&W 706 S2. My DACS: The DAC from the Node 2i, the DAC from my NAD M10, the Chord MOJO and...
  15. I

Denon AVR-X6700H Home Theater AVR Review

Hello. I'm stuck deciding between the 6700H or the Marantz SR8015. I will use it exclusively for my home theater because I have a separate stereo system. I'm replacing my Onkyo NR 787. I'm almost decided to buy the 6700H but I'm afraid because all the problems it has (including the capacitors...
  16. I

do you have a particular speaker recommendation for rock/pop music?

I know that a good speaker should sound great with all kind of music but I think that sometimes a very "analytical" or "neutral" sounding speaker is not as "entertaining" to hear as a so-called "musical" speaker. If you believe that too, have you heard speakers that excel in those particular...
  17. I

Do all STREAMERS sound the same when used with the same external DAC?

Actually I do enjoy hearing 50s and 60s records. Last night I heard a 1957 album by Sonny Rollins called "Way Out West" that's wonderful and the quality of the recording rival many modern recordings... I'm curious about the software EQ. I've been treating my room acoustically and the firm I...
  18. I

Do all STREAMERS sound the same when used with the same external DAC?

Thank for your answer. It's very hard to resist the upgrade bug when you see all kind of streamers, from the cheapest one to the more expensive one and understand that in terms of sound they will all sound the same!
Top Bottom