Search results

1. R

Dead Denon x3700H?

We've had our X3700H for about 4 years and it's been great, however, it now seems a bit dead. It's set up in Preamp mode with the pre-outs driving Neumann 120ii and 80 active speakers which has worked very well. The 2nd channels are feeding amplified speakers in other rooms. Suddenly though...
  2. R

Harsh piano recording of Clair de Lune

I'm a fan of Debussy, but have found several recordings of his piano music hard to listen to for very long. I'm hearing a "harshness" in some of the notes on some recordings, specifically around 0:36 - 1:00 and on in Clair de Lune from the Thibaudet "Arabesque Debussy Piano Works" album, but not...
  3. R

Minidsp 2x4 hum (FWIW)

I'm using a Minidsp 2x4 (not HD) as part of my patio system and have long been annoyed by hum which I traced to the Minidsp. It was only audible when a couple of feet from the speakers and not an issue at all when music was playing, but it annoyed me, so I chased it a bit. Purely by accident I...
  4. R

Multiway speaker advantage?

When I added a subwoofer to my audio setup, something we noticed was how much better the midrange and highs were (in addition to the bass). There seems to be received wisdom that limiting the bandwidth of a speaker helps it sound better. I presume this would be because there is less...
  5. R

Amazon Music HD, Firestick, Denon 4500 - no 24 bit input

I'm using a 3rd Gen Firestick into a Denon AVR-X4500H streaming Amazon HD with Ultra HD turned on. This really does sound good, significantly better than Spotify HD, however it will only do 192 kHz 16 bit, not 24 bit. Does anyone have any idea why? As an aside, I really didn't expect the Ultra...
Top Bottom