Search results

1. M

Does EQing Headphones veil the sound?

I play around with Sonarworks Headphone Edition and SoundID and Peace. The tonal balance is better with all of them, but the sound is veiled with all three programs. The sound is also noticeably quieter. With all three, I miss a certain clarity and "punch" that I really like in my DT880. I...
  2. M

Replacment earpads ATH-MSR7

Something mundane for a change. The ear pads of my ATH-MSR7 are peeling extremely. The original replacement ear pads are supposed to cost 50 o_O euros and will after a while probably peel extremely again. Are there any aftermarket pads that are recommendable and do not degrade the sound?
  3. M

Headphone amplifiers and high impedance headphones

I need help from the knowledgeable people here. If I want to drive a high impedance headphone, e.g. DT880 600 Ohm, what output power should my headphone amplifier have? The DT880 600 Ohms has a sensitivity of 97db. According to this chart you would need 63 mW to drive the 880 with 600 Ohms...
  4. M

The right gain steps for a good headphone amp

Recently I was reading this very insightful article. Study: Headphone Amp Gains: Low or High? More or less at the same time I came accidentally across an interview with Friedl Reim on YouTube where he states that the market for headphones has dramatically shifted towards headphones with low...
  5. M

Help needed with configuration of APO EQ

Can anyone help me with the configuration of APO EQ? I tried for hours to set up a harman target. It did not work. Can anyone tell me where exactly can I find the data for my DT-880 and where to enter it into APO? First I tried to replace or edit the config file, it did not work. I am not sure...
  6. M

Headphones on the marktet matched to the Harman Target Curve

Are there headphones on the market, that are matched to the Harman Target Curve? Or do people mostly use an equalizer to adjust their headphones? May bee it sounds a little bit naive, but I'm completely new to this Harman Target Curve thing.
  7. M

Neumann KH 120 vs Genelec 8341

I wondered whether it would be worth switching to the Genelec 8341 (8331?) from my KH120. The point source concept appeals to me and the measurements seem to beer really good. Has anyone ever heard both monitors compared? Maybe someone can help me with the interpretation of the measurement...
Top Bottom