Search results

1. phrwn

FS: Single Kef R3, walnut

$800 pickup; shipping at cost. Single walnut Kef R3, with grille, bass baffle plug thing, and original box. Bought new a year ago, splitting a pair with another forum member here to use as a center channel. Selling because it doesn't quite fit in the media cabinet and it's lost the battle...
  2. phrwn

Need to improve home theater dialog

System is a 3.1 consisting of three Kef R3's and one KC62 connected to a Denon X3700H. The L & R speakers are on Audio Chic R3 stands and everything else is in a BDI Corridor 8173 cabinet. Setup with Audessy and run on Auto mode in the AVR for everything. Sound quality is good, as expected...
  3. phrwn

Are any of these EQ filters the same as peak/dip?

I'm testing Equalizer APO alternatives, because it's kind of a pain in tandem with Windows updates. This VST plug-in works in Musicbee, but of course no peak filter. I did try searching but music producer chat seems to be quite distinct from audio chat.
  4. phrwn

Need a subwoofer - narrowed it down to four so far...

I thought I could get away with a 3.0 system consisting of three Kef R3's with a Denon X3700H. This was all going well until I watched Fury Road on Blu-Ray the other day and well here I am. I was going to get a single Monolith 15" V2, but it's just too physically big to get a pass from the...
  5. phrwn

Looking to improve TV audio setup

My TV audio system has evolved into a bit of a mess and I'm wondering if I can improve both aesthetics and sound. But I don't know what I'm doing and looking things up is more than typically overwhelming because of all the different parts. Here's what I've got now: Old Panasonic plasma screen...
  6. phrwn

I need an amp/dac recommendation

I've had an ifi Neo for only a few weeks and I like everything about it, except it's started intermittently flipping the display orientation. I have it in vertical mode and it will be fine for a while and then suddenly switch the display 90 degrees. So trivial, so irritating. I'm sure I'll get...
Top Bottom