Search results

1. L

Audio Engineering Society Paper and Help?

I agree 100%. You should first talk to the editor before spending hours writing the paper.
  2. L

Marantz NR1510 AVR Review

Perfect. I don't need Audyssey
  3. L

Marantz NR1510 AVR Review

If using the analog input -> analog output, how would the signal be degraded? Is there an ADC/DAC conversion?
  4. L

"Is Audiophile Snobbery Ruining our Hobby ?"

It is not what I said but, of course, ASR cannot be responsible for them ;)
  5. L

What about people who are juste dumb. Who see all those numbers and graphs and just don't understand. they don't deserve your help?
  6. L

SINAD chart is only a measurment at 5W/4ohm with a 1kHz tone, am I right? How about an amplifier with, lets say, a SINAD of 80db but with a lot more headroom. It would land right in the middle of the chart. Newbies would say it's a so-so amp comparing to a 106db one (Topping PA5 for example) But...
  7. L

Ok, here are my 2 cents. I am one of the "readers", so called by VintageFlanker. Call me a newbie if you will. I do own an amplifier and DIY floorstander that I like to listen. In order to improve my knowledges and my gears, I tried to educate myself. I finally left the marketing bullshit a...
  8. L

ICEPower 125ASX2 Class D Amplifier Review

Would you consider using one 125ASX2 for a pair of Aria 926? I have a pair of floorstander more or less like the Aria 926 and wondering if it could do the job.
  9. L

miniDSP Flex

I've just contacted Audiophonics and they told me that the minidsp Flex doesn't come with DIRAC software because they are not allowed to sell it. So you must add the price of the soft.
  10. L

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Question concerning the remote: Does one need to be perfectly in aligned with the DAC to control it? Or is it permissive enough to get signal from anywhere on the couch, 3m away from the DAC?
  11. L

Toslink switch

The automatic one could be a very nice solution since it is transparent for the users (the rest of my family). Would you recommand a good DAC with 1 Toslink input cheaper than DX3P+ (USB input and preamp not necessarily required)?
  12. L

Toslink switch

Well, I didn't know it was a niche product. I thought many people had several optical devices. The gap between a DAC with 1 optical input (ex: topping dx3pro+ at 200€) and 2 (SMSL m500 at 400€) is quite huge.
  13. L

Toslink switch

Thanks. Not sure to understand your answer because I did find switches on amazon and aliexpress. Basically my question was: are there better switches than others regarding 1/ overall reliability 2/ signal fidelity?
  14. L

Toslink switch

Hello, I did not find an answer in this forum, but I may have missed the information. In my project I would like to connect several (3: Chromecast Audio / TV / Macbook) devices with optical/toslink output to a DAC with only 1 optical input. Do you know any qualitative device that could help to...
  15. L

Time to change: FDA, Tidal & co

Hello. I currently have a pair of SEAS Mimir and plan to reuse my speaker to build these I'll give a look to the index though.
  16. L

Ok, thanks. My budget is +/-100€ + 300€ from the ATOLL if sold. Maybe it wasn't clear in my first post. Tell me more, I love stories :D That's clear! Sounds good because this little splitter is very expensive :eek: If I finally decide to keep everything, I have a question. I am...
  17. L

Well, This is not exactly the answer I was expecting :D. The internet says that those little amplifiers are killing all the "old school" amps, so I was expecting mine to be burried by one of those! Anyway, I do understand your point of view. Speakers changing is way too expensive for me at...
Top Bottom