Search results

1. F

Ground Loop Issue/Question

Hi, I tried to hook up my new AVR as follows: When I watch a movie from Apple TV and select Input 6 on my Amp, I get hum/noise through the front speakers (IIRC even if I pause the movie). Disconnecting the HDMI output to the TV stops the noise, I'm suspecting because I may have a ground loop...
  2. F

Integra DRX 2.4 vs Integra DRX 3.4

I've narrowed my choice down to one of these as both have front L/R pre-out and apparently much of the same remaining features except for Dirac (let me know if I'm missing anything). This setup is used mainly for watching youtube and TV so not a typical HT setup (no center speaker as we have no...
  3. F

Integra DRX 2.4 vs Denon AVR-X4700H

Need to replace a 5.2 receiver with one that has front L/R pre-out and has a phantom center speaker feature. No other fancy features needed though decent room correction software would be nice. Reliability, ease of use, and length of warranty are important. Using this in a 2 story living room...
  4. F

AVR with Front L/R Pre-Out and Digital Audio Out?

Hi, Just got new speakers and want to use them in my living room in double-duty mode with my 5.0 surround setup and a 2-channel setup. My older receiver does not have any pre-outs so that can be changed out for a suitable new AVR or processor or whatever works. Center speaker sits behind the TV...
  5. F

Best affordable streamer/DAC that supports hi res formats from Tidal/Qobuz

Looking to buy a streamer for hi res audio from Tidal/Qobuz/etc with built-in DAC, or standalone units if necessary/better. If combo, it should have digital inputs for local sources as well. I know from some of the threads here that the consensus is that all well-built DACs sound the same, but...
  6. F

Device to send Youtube video to TV and digital audio to external DAC simultaneously?

Hi, I want to use my headphones with external DAC/amp to listen to youtube while watching the video on my TV. Are there devices that support such a setup AND are easy to use (like an Apple TV or Roku)? Thx, Frank
Top Bottom