Search results

1. 16/44

Apple's first high-end headphones

I have the QC35 II as well. No need to use a USB-A charger, I just use a micro-USB to USB-C cable.
  2. 16/44

Rank studio monitors/active speakers you have heard

Anyone else here have the M-Audio M3-8 or Denon DN-508S?
  3. 16/44

Got them recently... absolutely love them. Just wish spatial audio was available on macOS or Apple TV! I'll admit I would not have purchased them had I not had the opportunity to try them out first.
  4. 16/44

Switching from Passives+amp to Actives

I tried a lot of 2 ch options, my Magnepan setup, Homepods, and Dynaudio Xeo 2s. Out of those it's the Homepod I liked best for TV use, but being limited to using the Apple TV for everything was a problem for me. I agree that keeping the speakers close to the TV is good, but it was worse for...
  5. 16/44

I could never get into 2.1 for TV, I miss the center channel too much. Would be nice to have cheap eARC HDMI to 5.1 analog available.
  6. 16/44

What do you use for your processor?
  7. 16/44

I see. Seeing that I prefer the HD58x over the HD600, the AirPod Max might be a good choice for me! Thanks!
  8. 16/44

Would you suggest getting the AirPod Pro over the Max?
  9. 16/44

Hivi 3.1A DIY Speaker With Sehlin Mod Review

Contacted them to see if they'd sell me a single pair! If not, might have to try and get 9 other guys. EDIT: Seems like they are receptive to selling a pair at a time.
  10. 16/44

To owners of the AirPod Max: would you categorize these as a must buy or would you suggest waiting for the next revision?
  11. 16/44

Bought a pair of Grado SR-80e for DYI modding

I have a set of SR80's that I've been planning to mod as well. Are Grado drivers much different as you go up the range or is it mainly the enclosure?
  12. 16/44

Should be trivial to do. Just graft an MMCX connector to the HD 600 connector and then get one of the many MMCX bluetooth adapters!
  13. 16/44

Does Spotify use OGG on iOS as well?
  14. 16/44

By microphone I mean to make phone calls like if I plug in my Bose headphones into my iPad. https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MXK22AM/A/lightning-to-35-mm-audio-cable-12m-white TRS, not TRRS.
  15. 16/44

Too bad the wired dongle doesn't support the microphone.
  16. 16/44

HDMI ARC to Studio Monitors

Absolutely. I might get it from Amazon.com instead of Alibaba though - some of the Amazon reviews give me the impression of poor QC. Maybe I'll get a Marantz or Denon receiver for parts - one with bad amplifiers but a working pre-amp section.
  17. 16/44

Hmm... $91 isn't too bad for what it is. Much cheaper than buying a Marantz NR receiver that's for sure! Good find!
  18. 16/44

Since I don't need the amplification channels, I just want a tiny stereo preamp with volume control that can be controlled via ARC. Yes, TV signals are usually Dolby Digital, but most TVs can convert to stereo PCM I think. Most modern TVs don't seem to have analog audio outputs. Expensive...
  19. 16/44

Basically want something like this... HDMI ARC input RCA or XLR output Good-ish DAC. Rotary encoder volume control (in case the remote is lost in a seat cushion) Programmable IR (so you could use your TV remote if ARC didn't work) That's it! Is there anything like that out there? Could it be...
  20. 16/44

The price is just too much for me, especially since the batteries won't be replaceable. MD PHD MBA JD quadruple threat
Top Bottom