Search results

1. J

StormAudio ISP 16 MK2 Review (AV Processor)

Would it be fair to also mention the slight differences in the SINAD measurements between Amir and Storm is due to the slightly higher voltage in Amir's by about 0.01 V?
  2. J

Denon AVR-X8500H AVR Review

Right, I know some amplifiers have their gain set differently between XLR and RCA, with McIntosh being the best example. However, I don't know if it's the majority of amp manufacturers. I use Emotiva and I know for sure their input sensitivity is the same for both inputs. Parasound has a manual...
  3. J

I noticed the AVRs are measured with 2 volts and the prepros at 4 volts. Does it bother anyone that it's not quite apples to apples when comparing the two and placing them in the same pile with SINAD numbers assigned to them? At the least, I'd like to see prepros get measured at both 2 volts and...
  4. J

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Most are monoblocks and stereo amps, although I've seen some multi-channel amps for home theater above a 2.0V input sensitivity. A few just to list off the top of my head like the McIntosh amps are pretty much all over 2V for their XLRs and their top 2,000 watt amp needs 5V. Bryston has a few...
  5. J

Personally I doubt you would be able to tell the difference if they put you in a double blind scientific experiment between DACs with 120+db SINAD. That being said, I would opt for the separates with XLR output and get the best headphones and headphone amp within your budget. That way you can at...
  6. J

5.3 V at max volume. The DAC still plays clean at max! Crazy. Anyone got 1,500 - 2,000 watt @ 8 ohm monoblocks with 5.3v input sensitivity to hook this baby up to? Maybe the Boulder 3050? What speakers could do this justice at full range frequencies?
  7. J

What is the voltage at the max volume 99?
  8. J

Anyone know the max voltage output before being pushed passed linearity on the RCAs?
  9. J

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

My dream would be to connect this to 1,000 watt monoblocks from McIntosh, or Bryston, or another hi-fi amp and full range towers with a gigantic bass section. I would never be able to get this kind of SINAD with an AVR or even a pre-pro with XLRs.
  10. J

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

I guess that answers my questions about that! I just got my E30&L30 combo today in the mail. Definitely better than my previous method of just plugging the headphones directly into the computer headphone jack. Great job, John! I've also grabbed all my old CDs and backed them up in lossless ALAC...
  11. J

Chrome Browser Not Outputting Audio After Adding USB DAC

I recently bought a Topping E30 DAC with the L30 headphone amp. I've hooked it up to my Mac using USB audio output. Everything works fine except when I'm using Chrome. No sound comes out when I'm playing something on youtube, Amazon Music, or anything else from the browser. I've already played...
  12. J

JBL SDP-55 Audio/Video Processor Review

In a time where it's difficult and unhealthy to leave your homes to demo products, the best thing to do is use scientific data to make objective decisions about products that will ultimately be enjoyed in relatively subjective manner. It seems these $4,000-$8,000 16-channel pre-pro makers are...
  13. J

Some of the higher powered McIntosh amps. Trinnov Amplitude 8 (low gain structure of about 19db or something). Legacy Audio has an amp that's 5Vrms.
  14. J

Can this DAC put out more than 4 Vrms? A few amps have input sensitivities of 5.
  15. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

Maybe I should just suck it up and buy/learn how to use miniDSP.
  16. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

Apologies if this has been talked about before. I was thinking about using this DAC with a stereo amp and tower speakers in the future. However, as you guys may know, most tower speakers aren't capable of going down to 20hz or below the way that subwoofers do. In fact, most of them that claim so...
  17. J

Marantz SR5010 Preout Voltage?

Does anyone have any specs, measurements, or knowledge about the voltage from the RCA preouts right before it's pushed past linearity? Im using an Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2 with an input sensitivity of 1.8V rms.
  18. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

It's a Mac. I was just ignorant and was not aware that the DAC was USB plug and play.
  19. J

Denon AVR-X6700H AVR Review (Updated)

Who knows for sure how often these kinds of manufacturing/engineering mishaps occur, not just with this model, but other models, years, and brands?
  20. J

Denon AVR-X6700H AVR Review (Updated)

Probably no one. But it would bother the hell out of me. I'd wait at least a few months until the early units get sold to someone else. Then I'd check the manufacture date to confirm I have a "good" unit.
Top Bottom