Search results

1. G

JBL Conceal C62 Invisible Speaker Review

Interesting to see alternative tech tested. Sonys acoustic surface TV screen, which I believe uses DML tech, would be interesting to see measured, too.
  2. G

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Thank you for the reply. It would be really interesting if you could measure and post a spectrogram comparison of the results between 7.1.6 and 7.2.6 once you have that up and running.
  3. G

How did you set up your ART groupings in terms of main ART group(s) and the support groups?
  4. G

Dirac's measurements and evaluation in their research was done on stereo sound. In the ART set up you can choose how much or little the speakers will support, and consequently both how much your room will influence, but also how much of the main stereo pair of speakers will impact the sound. The...
  5. G

In the research done by Dirac they reached their best results when using a 14.2 set up, the maximum number of speakers tested, and the only test set up used with dual subs, one mid front and the other mid rear wall, with an additional speaker towards the ceiling at the rear. Obviously Dirac ART...
  6. G

Double Bass Array (DBA)

Wow, fabulous results.
  7. G

Double Bass Array (DBA)

I read somewhere you use MG dipolar speakers, so side walls have less of an influence. I can imagine you have spectacular clarity. How well behaved is your room-speaker combination above 200 Hz? Have you measured IACC? Any plot for the complete spectrum?
  8. G

Double Bass Array (DBA)

You can combine the bottle crushing effect with the DBA through an inversion filter of the inversion to the rear wall below a certain frequency. Pressurize the room at the lowest frequencies for movie effects, while maintaining the DBA still in effect in the audible range.
  9. G

Double Bass Array (DBA)

I was referring to this I thought you might have applied EQ on an individual sub level. I remember reading a piece where they had a very small room, and a very dense DBA, where each sub was individually controlled, and I guess I had that in mind when I read your description. That said I am...
  10. G

Double Bass Array (DBA)

Very impressive results. How did you select which speakers to measure? What was the tweaking procedure, what adjustments did you have to make, and how long did it take?
  11. G

Thank you! ART enables many constellations so it could get quite complex, I believe. Did you divide the support speakers into sub groups? A diagram could be interesting in that case.
  12. G

I was captivated when I saw the results you achieved in your room. I wonder if you could share what ART main and support groupings you used for your 5.5.4 layout?
  13. G

I measured 10 subwoofers.

Thank you, a lot of work has gone into this! Great to see.
  14. G

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

Great to see it tested. Tempotec also has the Sonata HD Pro at half the price, which uses one CS14131 vs two used in the BHD. It seems to get favorable reviews and has DAC performance that isn't far off the BHD in terms of the (rather sparse) specs Tempotec presents. Would be nice to see how...
  15. G

Sabaj A20d 2023 DAC & HP Amp Review

Love the replication of Stereophile's test procedure enabling the comparison to the DCS Rossini.
  16. G

TP RA3 Rackmount Amplifier Review

Yes this is the sort of use I could imagine.
  17. G

Casting YouTube to speakers is worth so much to Google that they killed Chromecast Audio to stop it competing with their music hardware & services.

Chromecast Audio cancellation was due to a patent infringement by Google. They had to remove the product from market. https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-fined-over-US-30-million-for-patent-infringement.720649.0.html This is the second time Google has been ordered to pay for infringement. The...
  18. G

Cocktail Audio X45 Streamer/Ripper/DAC Review

Never heard of this brand. The unit certainly packs a lot of functionality akin to a PC, albeit ARM Cortex A9 driven. I like the drawer for the harddisk. Odd that's it being discontinued as it's listed as "new" on their website. They also list a Pro version, which uses the ESS Pro chip version...
  19. G

Peachtree GAN400 Amplifier Review

It will depend on the interaction with the speakers and the load they present, and having a perfect cube may be overkill, as well as add cost. The perfect cube isn't perfect either, as the phase degrees the loudspeakers present may go beyond what the power cube presents. That said it is a...
  20. G

Peachtree GAN400 Amplifier Review

I find the 3D diagram extremely useful and easy to read. What is the trouble with reading the diagram, and why do 2D? Perhaps this is the problem both of you referred to. It can be seen but it does take some effort to see the shading and shape of the curve. Perhaps do both the 3D and a 2D in...
Top Bottom