Search results

1. R

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

I agree, I'm very pleased with the GLM software functionality also. I'm new to audio equipment so it could just be user error on my part but curious to find out if my speakers are actually playing louder now. I will report back after I get the UMIK-1 mic and test them out. :)
  2. R

Thanks for the suggestion, I have a UMIK-1 mic on the way and will try this after it arrives. I only went up to at most -5 dB on the volume controller last time and don't recall seeing the clipping limiter engaging yet. It's not clear to me yet how, but my speakers seem to be playing much louder...
  3. R

I've had m @amirm I've only had my pair of 8341s for a week but inadvertently came across something in the GLM software that might possibly explain them not being loud enough during the review. In short, I had a similar experience at first. As a test I set the speakers to -5 dB which was far...
  4. R

RME ADI-2 Pro as preamp for two systems simultaneously?

No problem. I'm finding it hard to find the right gear to match with the AES inputs on the Genelecs as well. I checked and yeah no preamp on the Hilo unfortunately.
  5. R

Genelec - GLM 3.2.0

Thanks for checking. After seeing the post above and checking the manual again I think it's probably normal. Will let you know if I hear anything different from Genelec regarding it.
  6. R

Genelec - GLM 3.2.0

Thanks for your reply. I reread that part of the manual again and I think you are right. Given that they display the internal temp I'm curious now what they would consider a safe maximum. I put in a support ticket earlier and will post back if turns out to be anything other.
  7. R

In case it helps, I am looking into a similar scenario for my Genelec 8341s, and it appears the Lynx Hilo may work well for this scenario as well and support separate volume control of each system. I'm trying to decide between the ADI-2 Pro and Hilo as an interface to route a few more input sources.
  8. R

Genelec - GLM 3.2.0

Hi everyone, I just setup my Genelecs 8341s + 2x7350 subwoofers, which I decided to get based on Amir's review, and couldn't be happier with the sound and quality. I set them up using the latest GLM software released two days ago (v3.2.0 for Mac) and seems there may be a bug. In short, after...
  9. R

I happened to ask RME on their forum about this a few days ago, whether the EQ works when going all digital from a PC via USB to the RME's AES out, as I am interested in the ADI-2 Pro as well for use with my Genelec 8341s. It seemed from the manual that it might only work with analog signals...
  10. R

GLM 4?

That's good news. Not at all. I was planning to use their software for volume control from my PC which seems like it may require GLM to work but long term I will get some kind of interface/streamer that has volume control and a remote.
  11. R

GLM 4?

Thanks for the heads up. I just got a notice today that my Genelec speakers shipped but they didn't include the GLM 3 kit (dealer said it would ship 2 to 3 weeks later). Wondering if I should wait for an updated GLM 4 kit now. Not a fan of cloud only though as I got locked out from using my...
  12. R

Help - RME ADI-2 experts and preamp suggestions

Thanks. Curious, what did you end up going with instead?
  13. R

Not sure about DSD as I haven't used it yet. I meant in general if I am going all digital (USB->AES) would the equalizer be available or is it only available for analog outputs?
  14. R

I'm interested in this also. Did you reach a conclusion on whether the EQ is only available for analog mode?
  15. R

Which USB/DAC with AES output for active loudspeakers?

I realized I was looking at an older version of the product earlier. AES-AES is exactly what I need. Thanks again :)
  16. R

I'm going to go with the Matrix X-SPDIF. Do I just need an XLR Male to RCA Male Cable to connect to the Genelec SAM speakers?
  17. R

The Matrix X-SPDIF looks very useful, thanks! A lot of products I was wondering how to use like streamers since they don't always have AES output, but often have spdif out, so this would allow me to integrate them now it seems. I will be connecting into digital SAM speakers (8341s + 2 x 7350).
  18. R

Hi everyone, Hoping somewhere could help: I'm trying to figure out which USB/DAC with AES output to get for my active loudspeakers which have digital AES/XLR inputs. My input sources are a computer via USB, a TV via toslink, and eventually I plan to add a streamer as well. Ideally, I'd like...
  19. R

Digital bridge with DAC and headphone amp: does it exist?

I'm looking for the same and also need AES digital output to a pair of Genelec 8341s. I've been looking at the minidsp SHD Studio as well and it seems the RME ADI-2 PRO FS may also tick all your boxes?
  20. R

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Thanks, that settles it. PRO it is then:)
Top Bottom