Search results

1. MarsianC#

2000-3000$ Budget for new studio monitors

Acoustics excluded? Invest in proper room tuning. Check DSP possibilities build in (Neumann, Genelec) or in DAW/computer/external if need be (bass traps are huge). If KH120 can handle your desired SPL, get them. Genelec Ones are nice, but too prizey.
  2. MarsianC#

Stratton Acoustics 'Elypsis' @ Purité Audio London

GET.IT.KLIPPEL'd. I love it - big, ugly and optional custom paint to make it look like a 4350/55. Almost.
  3. MarsianC#

Is it possible to automatically correct the phase using REW arithmetics?

Check out rephase and tutorials: https://rephase.org/
  4. MarsianC#

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Forget what I said about treble being harsh. It's my ears! I really don't know why. Kinda surprised - in a very bad way. Checked against all my headphones (DT990 EQ'd, KZ ZS10 Pro, Tin T2 EQ'd on JDS Labs Atom and Smartphone) and of course my lovely Event Opal speakers in a well treated room...
  5. MarsianC#

IEM with ANC for small ears

Tested same old Samsung inears that came with the phone, diameter (same 5.7) works just fine!
  6. MarsianC#

Please measure the diameter of nozzle, that'd help a lot! Need more SpinFits anyway, so I could order some additional XS to test.
  7. MarsianC#

Received my Zero Red, their nozzles are huge indeed. Only have TIN T2 to test against. Nozzle diameter: Zero Red: 6.7 mm Tin T2: 6 mm Anyway, this is about ANC :)
  8. MarsianC#

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Just got mine, yeah... hype is real. Edit: Ok, I don't like their treble too much (bit harsh). Bass is great, again a bit too much for my liking. Need to test some EQ settings... Nozzles almost too big for my ears.
  9. MarsianC#

I'd upload a pic of her ear, but... no, sry. Nozzle/tip should be small and enclosure not too big. I'd take the new Bose QC Buds as they seem to measure pretty good with very good ANC. But I don't think their concept with the addional support-ring-thing will fit her :/
  10. MarsianC#

SQ isn't the biggest priority, but ANC is. I should mention that a "transparency mode" would be a very welcome feature. Ahh and it should kinda stylish :)
  11. MarsianC#

Budget wired in-ears for small ear canal

I really need a list with nozzles diameter. Got a value of the LAN for me? Found a small list: Measured by me: Zero Red: 6.7 mm Tin T2: 6 mm
  12. MarsianC#

Hi there, A friend of mine is searching for ANC headphones. She has really small ears and prefers in-ears, TWS welcome. Will be used mosty in public transportation and around the house. Sport with music is not too important. Android Smartphone. Edit: A sort of "transparency mode" would be great...
  13. MarsianC#

Neumann KH120 Disassembly Pictures

I can draw you one :) Will disassemble my P110 next week or so. tbh, I think it would be much better to measure each driver and simulate a new passive crossover with VituixCAD. Real "P120" so to say.
  14. MarsianC#

Neumann KH120 Disassembly Pictures

I have P110 in use and can check the crossover if need be.
  15. MarsianC#

Cocktail Audio X45 Streamer/Ripper/DAC Review

Alas! I'm currently reading LotR :D
  16. MarsianC#

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

With Dirac too? Good enough. Dirac is a game changer, will replace my aging X3400H sooner or later...
  17. MarsianC#

Can I use a 12-inch woofer as a resistor to set amplifier gain?

Boxsim can: http://www.boxsim.de/FAQ/FAQ0011.html
  18. MarsianC#

Klipsch The Three Review (Powered Speaker)

Perfect! Good enough for me. LOL! BTW, I'd love to see some portable speakers NFS'd.
  19. MarsianC#

freeDSP Aurora-based USB 8-channel DSP/DAC/Preamp/Amp Build (in progress)

Main problem is getting an AKM4458 ;) Raphael/rkv has proposed a 2.0 version with a alternative DAC/hardware solution.
  20. MarsianC#

How holographic can a soundstage be?

Try Ambisonics, it is great ;) Unfortunately not very practical. I agree on carefully managing reflections. Use ETC in REW with SketchUp and Amray and decide what to do next.
Top Bottom