Search results

1. jlm70

Anthem AVM 70 and AVM 90 Processors

I cannot currently compare the measures with anything else: might you point me to where to benchmark them? Or where these measures are weaker than expected? The review talks about an excellent result, except for the “premium analog stage”. I’ve ordered the AVM70 (and received the MCA525 gen2...
  2. jlm70

Anthem AVM60 Review (AV Processor)

Coming from an old (but good sounding) pair of Rotel RSP-1066 pre and RMB-1066 ampli (connected to Dynaudio towers), I’ve just upgraded the ampli to the Anthem MCA525 gen2, and ordered (april 2nd) an AVM70. The old Rotel ampli will manage the new Atmos speakers. I’m not very concerned about...
  3. jlm70

Argh… I ordered my AVM70 on the 2nd of April, in Italy, and the Italian distributor has today told me I’ll probably have to wait up to the END OF JULY!! A total wait of 4 months seems just that bit crazy, if not for… 1. The AKM DAC chips shortage (AKM factory fire-destroyed) is affecting Anthem...
  4. jlm70

Good way to stream Amazon Music HD to DAC

As soon as I receive (hopefully, ordered 9 weeks ago… and just today I understood I could wait END OF JULY!) my new Anthem AVM70 sound processor, I’ll try to verify if my FireTv 4k stick can output via hdmi the hi-res formats from AMHD app (direct and casting) and via Synology android Music app...
  5. jlm70

SMSL DA9 - Wait and see, or solid buy?

I’ve very little space in my studio, to insert a sub (I cannot go over a 23x25x30cm space WHD). But I‘d like to add it, to complement my JohnBlue JB3’s. So the real options are a Cambridge Audio Minx X201 (appx 290€ new) or little bigger Velodyne Microvee (version 1, appx 3-400€ used). Any advice?
  6. jlm70

(1) correct: "burn it out" (weaker leds/brightness) not burned image. Anyhow... it's clear leds are not immortal :) (2) hihi... I already had a Technics multiband equaliser in the 80's, with spectrum analyzer, within my "DJ" rack (Aiwa AD-WX909, Teac oversampling CD, mixer, etc.). Probably those...
  7. jlm70

I've recently suggested in RME forums if they could release a firmware with an option that senses the signal: if the sound is not playing, the screen after 30secs switches off, when it senses the signal again, it resumes... to show that awesome spectral wave on my desk ;-) In fact... I'm used to...
  8. jlm70

I hope too! I didn't know about the subsonic freqs that an LP might cause vs digital, and the role of these frqs within the burn-in process... Thanks for the info! Even if... unluckily... I've not anymore a serious LP player at home. Yet... sure Dark Side of the Moon SACD will be part of the...
  9. jlm70

For what I’ve seen in many reviews and youtube demos it’s an LCD, not OLED: there’s a clear graysh background vs front glass. Resolution is not a problem for both techs: the RME ADI-2 sports an higher res LCD. Nonetheless... I’m not scared about the rme lcd lifespan: RME is such a serious...
  10. jlm70

Thanks for the enthusiastic and detailed reviews: I had just ordered the DA9 and should receive it before the weekend. I’ll connect it to a RME ADI-2 DAC FS as well (great DAC!!), and to JohnBlue JB3 speakers (small bookshelf ones but sound awesome: this is my studio/desktop ring). I will...
  11. jlm70

Just ordered the DA-9 from Shenzenaudio! Hope delivery will be fast... Waiting to connect to my studio ring (small room), replacing the good old Trends Audio TA10.1 across the RME ADI-2 DAC FS and my JohnBlue JB3 speakers. In short I'll even decide if to buy a small sub (like the Fostex 5"...
  12. jlm70

1. AVM 70 is 2.0b now and it will upgradeable to 2.1 in the future (board swap). 2. I've read it's fully eARC, so the Atmos code should pass through correctly... but I've only ordered it, so cannot really test...
  13. jlm70

Anthem to introduce new models!

Anything new coming out from the CES?
  14. jlm70

Agree on the AVM90 pricing, while the 70 is more reasonable
  15. jlm70

Topping D90 and RME ADI-2 FS

Ps: the RME has been elected to become my... current DAC :) Ordered and waiting for next week ;)
  16. jlm70

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Do you know the best way to eq the balanced outputs for speakers / room correction, as well as for headphones? Is there a scientific way to do it? (with some test tones, etc.) Anyone of us has... different ears, and unluckily losing sensitivity over time, so... more than a pro microphone, is...
  17. jlm70

Yeah, I know. Yet it's always a bit less easy to market a device where the core DAC is a couple of gens behind. Nonetheless... I love these RME features and I won't look elsewhere for my next DAC.
  18. jlm70

Hihi... absolutely correct. An old story that I try to leverage against an impulsive buy :))) Yet the ADI-2 PRO was announced in March 2017 and the non-Pro at the end of 2017 (3 yrs ago, with a minor update 1yr ago) and, while still an absolutely impressive device, it’s possible at NAMM 2021...
  19. jlm70

Perfectly understand. From my "engineer perspective", and after having played with the solder so much (for my X-Can v3), I do not know if I will resist some months for the "next ADI-2", or buy the v2 immediately. Already seen all of the RME videos online, official and unofficial... For sure RME...
Top Bottom