Search results

1. E

Sorry, please ignore my thread

Sorry, please ignore my thread. I am not able to delete this thread so I can only delete my post.
  2. E

I see many topics on loseless audio etc.. but any evidence it makes a difference?

Yes, can anyone show me objective measurements are any tests etc that there is indeed a difference? I used to think it makes a difference till there is a test done by BBC comparing between between MP3 and uncompressed audio. Then I also did a listening test myself on multiple AD/DA conversions...
  3. E

Any cheap and good mic to recommend for own testing?

The whole idea is to connect to my PC to perform frequency sweep tests for speakers and also play with dirac software. Thanks!! Sorry, found this thread right after I post this but the thread is about streaming mic. Is it ok to use the same for testing purpose...
  4. E

This is one of my Favourite Music, extremely well recorded

Its really well recorded. The cello....
  5. E

thread deleted

[thread deleted]
  6. E

Deleted

Deleted
  7. E

Capacitor Break-in...

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/81355-capacitor-burn-break.html Someone did a test quite a long time ago and there are differences on the oscilloscope.
  8. E

Do you think superconductors will make a difference to audio??

Just curious. Wondering if we try to use a superconductor speaker cable, will there be any audible difference?? Technically we can do that by using lead. Lead has a critical temp of 7.19k and liquid helium is 4k. Since lead is bcs type superconductor, it could be interesting to see how cooper...
  9. E

Tube vs Transistor Amps...They sound different... its a fact.

Tube amps sound different from solid state amps. Its not about better or worse, its about a difference. For those who thought that they sound same as solid state amps, well, I have to say they are all wrong. This video from audioholics is a great one and provides the key reasons why they...
  10. E

Why some pple swear by tube and vinyl??

This is comment about what actually sounds good and what measures good. They are very different. Tube sound is very distinct from solid state amps. Vinyl sounds very different from cds too. Thd for tube is higher than solid-state amps. But it makes the vocal so smooth and rich, warm.. makes...
  11. E

Speaker Cables do Matter......How about (power cord and interconnects?)

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/when-12-gauge-wire-is-not-12-gauge.3/ Reviewer amrim mentioned that cables thinner than 12 AWG can 'colour' the sound. Then he also said he would certainly avoid using Fry's and Bestbuy cables in any high fidelity application. Although...
  12. E

Adding other tests for audio equipment and cables?

Just a suggestion which I feel its very important. One thing that is not tested in the forum is Amplitude vs frequency vs time. Why I feel time is important? Music is basically sound wave with varying amplitude and frequency over time. Then what we hear is the resultant of the interaction of...
Top Bottom