Search results

1. SovonHalder

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

Could you please tell me what your source and input is? My WXA-50 was dead silent (if memory serves me right) for about 6 months. Then, I started hearing static noise from both the speakers; right channel being a little louder than the left channel. Up to that point I've only used the analog...
  2. SovonHalder

Yamaha WXA-50 (optical-input) vs. Topping D10s Which one has the better DAC?
  3. SovonHalder

Today I got the delivery of the Linkerpard RCA Cable (4.9 feet) which I think is on the premium side as far as cables go and the results are the same. No noticeable change is noise and distortion. No. the RCA end was not connected to the amp at all. When the amp has nothing but the power cable...
  4. SovonHalder

I have only one cable since beginning (6 months) - AmazonBasics 3.5mm to RCA connecter. I'm not sure whether I should get a new cable. There are these things that were there since I purchased this, like - loud pop when 3.5mm end is touched with bare hands standing on ground when amp is on...
  5. SovonHalder

I think he had a very cheap surge protector, if at all. And it’s Toslink always.
  6. SovonHalder

88dB it says. Are you using the RCA input to the amp? For me, the noise is there but not noticeable from 1M distance. But I’m hearing serious distortions these days, like the voice and middle notes are cracked. This happens only on RCA input as well.
  7. SovonHalder

Okay, so either my ears got hyper sensitive somehow to nuances in audio frequency or my WXA-50 got damaged. I have a question to the owners of this power amp. Does your amp produce static noise of any kind on passive speakers? My Desk Setup: Mac Mini M1 + WXA-50 + 3020i Pair (with 3.5mm to RCA...
  8. SovonHalder

Warning For Potential Buyers - Who'll use it on a desktop. Keep It Away From Your Displays Just to be Safe. (And for good reasons) This device (Yamaha WXA-50) produces absurd amounts of heat on it's top surface. More than any electronic device I've seen so far. And with what I've read from...
  9. SovonHalder

@SimpleTheater The bluetooth version is 4.1 - it says on my system report. I have cross checked with my other bluetooth devices and the system report is accurate.
  10. SovonHalder

In any case, using bluetooth version 2 in a 2016 product screams cheap. Specially when there is no way for the user to upgrade manually. I'd have used the wireless airplay feature and now I'm concerned about the range.
  11. SovonHalder

What is the version of bluetooth in this device? For a product that sells as a wireless streaming device, the bluetooth doesn't have any info in the marketing material. Someone in reddit mentioned Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. Is that really true? How can a 14 year old specification be used in a flagship...
Top Bottom