Search results

1. M

Sennheiser HD660S Review (Headphone)

in my subjective opinion the hd650 feel too bloated in the mid bass. the 660s feels less cluttered with the down side that it is lacking a lot of treble at stock tunning, if you are very confident about your EQ skills the 660s will sound better, but if your main interest is electronic music I...
  2. M

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

that pop/crackle is a normal response to an element on the audio chain losing power, as for your point number one, that one is on you, speakers are the first thing you should power off in a chain (and last one you power on too). regarding point 2 - 4 . what you describe seems to be a case of...
  3. M

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

it could be one of many different things in the chain, from the device not being properly set up in windows to your XLR adapter having wrong polarity or being broken. it could be difficult to trouble shoot without screen sharing in a call. for the time being the easy way to trouble shoot is to...
  4. M

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

What a coincidence, after years of owning the hd660s I finally bought a pair of HD 600 a week ago. however I didn't reach quite the same conclusion ever since I bought the 660s I had more than a few grievances, the treble was too subdued and the soundstage was narrower than I expected, however...
  5. M

Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Review (Headphone)

I am using a Topping A50s, it is nowhere close to maxing out, even at single ended and low gain setting
  6. M

thank you all for the soon reply
  7. M

in the part where the screws for the cup swivel mechanism is, it looks aged and/or dirty, but it might be the regular finish of this production also where the cable connects it looks somewhat aged. did you guys also got it like this?
  8. M

I just got myself a pair from amazon. my initial impresions is that vocals are less forward than I expected by looking at the curve (not a complain) and while instrument separation is pretty good the soundstage is narrower than I hoped. they got lesser resolution than my HD 660s but the sound...
  9. M

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

I don't think I got my point across. of course I know most music get produced at 44.1khz. but if the OS is set to operate at 48khz by default, then that's the rate the DAC will be working at, regardless of what our file's original rate is. If a consumer intents to use this with an android phone...
  10. M

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

I think this is some impresive piece of engineering, my take regarding the filter choice is that rather than beeing a compromise they couldn't get around, it might have been a pragmatic decision based on real world ussage. as shown by Amir's later meassurement, the device is linear up to 20Khz...
  11. M

What's the optimal volume setting for DACs and Amps?

I understand that for Amps normally as one increses the voulme and demands more power distortion will worsen, but I don't know how they are supposed to beheave as the knobs goes the other way and we start reducing volume instead. in fact, most amps don't even indicate at what point in their knob...
  12. M

Do balanced headphone amplifiers really not make an audible difference?

thanks for the feddback Amir. however, I am afraid that I am not educated enough to fully understand what you are saying. would you mind elaborating a bit? "Crosstalk is frequency dependent so you can't make comparisons this way using just a single number" what do you mean by "single number"...
  13. M

I think you are mixing up dB as a meassure of SPL, with dB as a ratio between two signals. these two are unrelated
  14. M

I have been meaning toa ask this for a bit, thanks for spending some of your time looking into this. In the disccussions related to this topic I was able to find in the site, the general consensus seems to be that the only real benefit from choosing a balanced headphone amplifier is the larger...
  15. M

Sennheiser HD660S Review (Headphone)

These were the very first Audiophile tier headphones I bought. Back then I didn't know much and my logic was that the best entry point for the hobby was a set of good ol' HD 600 series and among the 600, 650 and 660s, the later would save me the need to buy an amplifier... things didn't go as...
  16. M

They have the same driver. The only change made for the update was the color and padding of the head band. However, in 2020 sennheiser did acknowledge to have changed providers for the earpads of the whole 600 series and in their own words there might be a very slight variation to the sound (i...
  17. M

I don't think they expect anyone to listen to this device at a 1000mw, when I read the specs at their website what came to my mind is the following: these are not marketed as audiophile headphones they are intended to be used for professional use. the "maximum input power" spec, is likely...
  18. M

Audio Technica ATH-ADX5000 Review (Headphone)

well, that was a disapointment. that frequency response is ... so wild. no, thanks. last week I was able to try a pair of 900x and 1000x in a store, Personally I really enjoyed that Sound signature, when I tried the 900x I thought it fit very nicely to the kind of music I listened to the most...
  19. M

I live in Barcelona, this Thursday i visited fnac a major European retailer, and noticed they suddenly started selling the 600 and 650s, it surprised me that the box for both seemed rather small and light, and it bothered me that the 600 seemed to have the same head band padding as my 660s in...
  20. M

Tempotec Sonata HD Pro Review (headphone Adapter)

some have claimed that the only difference between the IOS version and the non-IOS is that the former included a certified lighting cable in the package. mine is an IOS version and it worked just fine with an iphone I borrowed from a friend just to check the cable worked, even before I updated...
Top Bottom