Search results

1. D

Big news coming from Sound United in 2023!

@Sancus They didn't announce details about Dirac yet. The official news just states that a Dirac Live upgrade will be offered. It will be a paid upgrade via a future software update.
  2. D

@Sancus I never considered Dirac because of their pricing and missing features. For the longest time they didn't have proper bass management which is the most important thing in RoomEQ. Now they do have DLBC but it is very expensive. And based on neutral measurements and impressions i never...
  3. D

And how exactly does the step response optimization of Dirac work? And does it have disadavantages?
  4. D

@Chromatischism Sorry i thought we talk about Dirac. Please ignore my post. Maybe a moderator can delete it?
  5. D

But when you try to "correct" the crossover directivity mismatch you also change the directional behavior of the speaker or not? But doesn't the crossover directivity mismatch change at different angles? When you have a "bubble" of multiple measuring positions and try to find the best...
  6. D

Isn't that like the audyssey midrange compensation just correcting a hardware flaw in the speaker that shouldn't be there in the first place?
  7. D

From my understanding that doesn't work because you need to know from which direction at a single point the sound comes from. Thats impossible for a single microphone. You can do it with some 3D modeling if the software knows the exact microphone position, like "2nd measurement 30cm to left on...
  8. D

Thats some of the most stupid BS around. Every Room EQ software does time alignment. Back in the day they only did time alignment and some small corrections because there wasn't enough processing power for more. You hear this story about Dirac and their superior time aligment very often. It...
  9. D

The big price difference for the X4800H is presumably because of the power supply and amp stages. In the rumors it was said the 4800 features individual amp boards like the X6xxx or X8xxx series with improved power supply. At this point the 4800 is not listed at the Japanese website and there...
  10. D

How good is the software of the recent Onkyo/Pioneer devices? The devices which weren't released in Europe. I doubt it is a huge step better than Denon/Marantz. Sound United has a advantage in software functionality, support and is so good in terms of bugs thats nearly impossible to catch for...
  11. D

Can you explain this part? I don't understand the pictures either.
  12. D

Can you take a screenshot of this feature?
  13. D

Maybe you should mention from which country you are. I often heard about issues with sound united support in USA. I'm from Germany and I hear good things about their support. I can't speak for myself since I didn't have an issue with their products so far. I wouldn't have the patience that...
  14. D

Denon Replaces AKM AK4458 DAC IC in X4700H and X6700H

The DAC choices are pretty questionable. It seems they wanted to meet the price point they had with AKM. ESS and TI have better DACs to meet the old AKM specs but they didn’t go for performance parity. I’m aware we are splitting hairs here, 13 db difference probably won’t be audible, but the...
  15. D

Every Denon and Marantz device has been affected by the DAC shortage. Some of the more expensive models may have been affected less because they don't sell as many of them. And apparently the Denon X8500H still uses the AK4490, maybe they had enough of those in stock and they don't sell as many...
  16. D

A DAC is not the same as a AV Receiver. There’s much more involved in making AVRs and I doubt Topping has the resources to do that. Just look at Emotivas AVRs and AVPs and their issues.
  17. D

Maybe @amirm could use his good relationship with sound united to get a review sample with the new dac board.
  18. D

Well at least the SNR rating is only 3dB worse than the AKM part. If they upgraded the volume control IC the performance could actually be the same. But we don't know if there are no measurements of the new design from amir.
  19. D

Are you sure this is correct? Since this is a stereo dac and would require 4 of those to replace a single AK4458 and probably a board redesign.
  20. D

Topping BC3 Review (Bluetooth Receiver) & BT CODECs

Interesting. I know android and iOS do some compensation for delay but it is news to me that computers do that too. Do you know if it's OS dependent or application dependent specifically regarding Windows 10?
Top Bottom