Search results

1. Tigi

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Great thread. Greetings from Prague (Czechia).
  2. Tigi

Audiolab 6000CDT experience

I tried a brand new 6000CDT three years ago, and unfortunately I have to confirm the negative experience as stated by the previous discussant. It was evident that the device was scratching a few discs (straight lines caused by the slot mechanism), so I returned it immediately to the dealer. More...
  3. Tigi

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

Frgirard, of course, I know the recommended distance mentioned in the manual (the specified maximum is 6 meters). But the reality in my living room is a determining factor in this regard. In any case, even at this medium distance of 3 meters, they sound great.
  4. Tigi

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

I would add Dynaudio LYD48 to this list of (relatively) affordable 3-way monitors. I have never heard them, but some reviewers really praise them, especially their phantom center and bass response. As regards KH310s, their price increase at Thomann.de (from 1666 to 1869 EUR per unit) was a...
  5. Tigi

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Just to avoid any confusion, the A90´s technical specification states the following figures concerning the maximum output level (high gain): Vpp (peak-to-peak): 25V in SE mode and 49V in balanced mode. The figures you mentioned (8,8V and 17,3V) are derived RMS voltage numbers (VRMS =...
  6. Tigi

Which headphone(s) of "inferior prestige" do you come always back to?

Sennheiser HD650. After 9 years of listening, I have no need to get rid of them. They are definitely not perfect - lacking subbass, somewhat duller, less detailed, less spatial sound compared to modern "flagship" headphones. But there is something very pleasant and natural about their sound...
  7. Tigi

Do my Sundaras need more power or are they just faulty?

Power = Current x Voltage = Current x Current x Impedance = (Voltage x Voltage) / Impedance
  8. Tigi

Do my Sundaras need more power or are they just faulty?

If I deduce correctly, the amplifier should deliver about 2.82 times higher voltage to the Sundara to achieve the same SPL as M50X (dB Voltage = 20 log (V1/V2)). Which is definitely not a small amount.
  9. Tigi

RME ADI-2 DAC FS (AK4493) with Jitter (problem is solved)

Hello, I have one noob´s question. How can I find out whether the device has firmware 27/34 or 34/34. After turning it on and in the setup I see only information that it is version 34 and the software is from 12/2019. @MC_RME Please would you be so kind and specify the timeframe when the...
  10. Tigi

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Grotti: Of course, this is practically an non-issue. Nevertheless, I asked to clarify if this behaviour is not a symptom of a broken device (fortunately, this is not the case). Furthermore, when using equipment of such advanced technical level, it's a lot about feeling of quality. And...
  11. Tigi

Thanks KSTR for your very helpful answer. If I understand it correctly, apart from earth-grounding the RME, a different power supply (e.g. battery-based device) could be also a solution.
  12. Tigi

Hello again, I would like to discuss the following minor issue with you. When the RME ADI-2 DAC V2 is in stand-by mode (red circle around the power button), I hear a faint, but clearly audible hum in headphones. The hum disappears when the unit is turned on and returns when the device is...
  13. Tigi

Beyerdynamic T1 Review (V2 headphone)

I have always considered T1 as an attempt to compete directly with the HD800 (which were once presented as a new level of audiophile headphone listening). This corresponds to a similar frequency response (as can be seen from comparative measurements published by solderdude), marketing...
  14. Tigi

CDP out of time or not? Is it worth to get a new one?

Hello EXIF68. A year ago, I was in a similar situation. My Sony X779ES from 1992, although still in good shape and functioning as a transport without any major problems, began to seem morally obsolete to me. I was thinking about replacing it by something more modern, but of sufficient quality...
  15. Tigi

@ezra_s @rodtor : Many thanks for your observations. It seems that this may indeed have something to do with the state of electricity in our old house. After further testing, I found out that it is not a normal whistling, but rather such a (difficult to describe) quiet sound of the switched on...
  16. Tigi

Hello, I got a RME ADI-2 DAC yesterday. It replaced my older reliable Chord Mojo which served atypically as a desktop headamp/preamp. First quick impressions of the ADI-2? Very very positive - in terms of the build quality, modern design, sophisticated controls (the pure childish joy when I...
  17. Tigi

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

This preamp could be a suitable solution also for those who have only one digital source (CD player or DAC), which either does not have volume control or has a volume control, but for some reason it is not preferred by the user. Some people still consider digital volume control in the DAC to be...
  18. Tigi

Upgrade advice

Hi Bombadil. If you are not fully satisfied with the current sound of your headphones, replacing the headphones is definitely a more efficient way than replacing the DAC and/or amplifier. But the question is whether you will perceive HD800 as better cans for your favorite music. You need to try...
  19. Tigi

Old (vintage) vs new CD Player DAC differences?

As explained above, it is only the Sony´s marketing name for their 1-bit sigma-delta modulation DACs implemented at that time. Rivals from Philips promoted the term "Bitstream" for their DACs during this period. The "PULSE D/A CONVERTER" label/sticker reminds me of the Sony X779ES (with 2 x...
  20. Tigi

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

Thank you so much @amirm for your great work so far. It would certainly be interesting to see the review and measurement of the Genelec 8050, both in comparison with the smaller genelecs of this series and with the currently reviewed competitor Neumann KH310.
Top Bottom