Search results

1. Instrugramm

Looks like Drop might be 'dropping' a HD800

Nope, I'm in the same boat... just got my second pair of Ether CXs and somehow feel inclined to think that even at 699 the 8XX might be wastly inferior to some of my other headphones.
  2. Instrugramm

SVS SB-2000 Pro vs SB-3000 Subwoofer Review

I run dual SB-2000 Pros in a dead silent treated home studio room, no hiss whatsoever even if I put my ear right next to it.
  3. Instrugramm

Sub choice: Neumann KH 750 or Genelec 7050?

Ps. I did go dual SB-2000 Pros in the end (with a high pass controlled in isolation from the subs), can highly recommend them.
  4. Instrugramm

Pretty set on going L.C.O. with single SB-2000 Pro and upgrading to dual SB-2000 Pros if I'm satisfied with the results of the single one.
  5. Instrugramm

I'm likely going for an SVS PB-1000 and will use the speaker line inputs (or SB-2000 Pro + L.C.O.) in order to avoid any added colouration or degradation in the audio signal of my Amphions.
  6. Instrugramm

The KH805 unfortunately doesn't fit in my room, the problem with the 1.5ms becomes apparent if you do direct monitoring via the Audio Interface for example when using a Universal Audio guitar amp plugin to record directly into a daw but using the Apollo's processing power. The other problem with...
  7. Instrugramm

The Monolith Sub 12 looks interesting as the THD and linearity seem on par with the Neumann for 400 Euros less but as far as I can tell it doesn't have a switchable bypass mode and I don't really know how I would wire them with my Amphion 100 amp (usually I'd need 2 balanced XLR ins and 2...
  8. Instrugramm

Which sub of these brands has the least noise, since my setup is positioned in a nearfield environment. These brands are not listed in the registries of my usual studio gear providers, so I really have no idea about their models and spec.
  9. Instrugramm

Danke, Bestbewertung in allen Kategorien? Sounds rather nice... I'm currently really tempted to get the KH 750.
  10. Instrugramm

Thank you all for your answers! Just to chime in why I didn't think about getting a bigger sub in the first place: I have a pretty small room, so positioning a big sub might be a bit of a challenge. The other reason would be because even a bigger sub rarely goes down to 19 hz and I'm worried...
  11. Instrugramm

I'm not sure if I should go with the Neumann or the Genelec for my Amphion One 15s. I don't plan on using DSP (since I don't have an Ipad), I've heard that the Neumann sub does convert the analog signal into digital and back and that the internal DAC does actually apply a slight roll of at the...
  12. Instrugramm

Studio subwoofers - alternatives, measurements, recommendations

Does the (DAC) rolloff apply when using analog inputs as well?
  13. Instrugramm

Amphion vs Genelec

Got my Amphion One15s (punchier and what I feel better for mixing than the One18s) a few weeks back and I wouldn't want to mix on anything else. I was impressed when I first heard them and now I don't understand how I could ever mix without them, if it sounds good on the Amphions then it's well...
  14. Instrugramm

Amphion studio monitors

The funny thing is that they did actually sound like the mids were more pronounced, I'm very treble sensitive yet these didn't hurt my ears (Compared to the Adams which were my favourites on my initial contenders list for example, listening to the ribbon tweeters basically made me want to kill...
  15. Instrugramm

Amphion studio monitors

Wow this forum chat escalated quickly... I just wanted to chime in, I know this forum is about measurements and such but I've been putting aside some money for the last 8 months and went on my search for the holy grail of mixing monitors. Yes, there has been quite some hype about these speakers...
  16. Instrugramm

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Thanks for your responses, it's a bit of a shame as I feel like my transparent amps become obsolete quite fast but if it sounds as good/transparent as everybody says, I certainly won't regret switching.
  17. Instrugramm

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Small theoretical question, if I'd get the A90 and use its preamp XLR Out to feed my XDUOO TA-20 would the sound be better or worse than if I fed the TA-20 directly from my D90? I know preamplifying can yield better results for active monitors but when feeding a tube amp I've no experience...
  18. Instrugramm

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

It's the best "sounding" DAC I've heard so far, everything works well, including MQA, it looks well built and has every functionality I need, as far as I'm concerned it was a great buy (I paid 800 Euros+37 Euros taxes) when it comes to use as a pure DAC. If it breaks, you'll be the first to know...
  19. Instrugramm

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

I got the Topping D90 MQA, it works absolutely flawlessly (on Windows). I'm a musician and composer and study in Germany, everybody who thinks german stuff is more reliable or more thoroughly tested, hasn't owned enough german made equipment yet, seems more like an excuse for racism to me...
Top Bottom