Search results

1. Saffy

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Have you asked Topping, or their local distributor?
  2. Saffy

Aries Femto streamer volume control quality?

Thank you all, have adjusted my amp volume so that the lightening software app. controls the overall volume nicely at between 90 -100. Most times its comfortable listening at a 100%, which also works for my DSD recordings, otherwise a slight attenuation is all that's needed. Can't think of a...
  3. Saffy

Thank you all, though for better clarity: I have the Chord Qutest DAC and it has NO volume control… So I’m forced to use the volume control from my Aires Femto app, as my amp has no remote volume. I absolutely need a remote volume control.. I know that I can use the Auralic “lightening” app...
  4. Saffy

Am buying the Chord Qutest DAC and it has NO volume control.. So forced to use the volume control on my Aires, as my amp has no remote. I absolutely need a remote volume control.. Problem is that early-on Aires recommended that we not use theirs and instead use the volume control on your DAC -...
  5. Saffy

Output signal is higher using XLR on the Topping D90/se
  6. Saffy

I fully appreciate these great specs, though I returned my D90se and am keeping my old D90 which was hands-down preferred in my rig. Topping appears to have weaked all aspects of of the new SE, though they did so having been forced to use the inferior (IMO) ESS9038 Pro chip (no choice as the...
  7. Saffy

Topping D90se 2.6Vrms @0dBFS (5V Mode) output?

Thanks, I tried the adapters in place of the splitters and it produced a strong hum only WHEN I cut the power to my streamer. Topping tech support as it turns out recommends against XLR adapters. They also claim that splitting the RCA output into two devices does not reduce signal strength to...
  8. Saffy

WXC-50 - how to bypass DAC??

Worked perfectly with my old school amp. The WXC-50 is designed to be able to be used as a pre-amp.
  9. Saffy

Topping D90se 2.6Vrms @0dBFS (5V Mode) output?

Hi, ordered Topping D90se, please help with these two questions: 1/ If I select the 2.6Vrms @0dBFS (5V Mode) output, could the 5v harm my 300b amp in any way - over the regular 2.1Vrms @0dBFS (4V Mode). Running RCA. Also 2/ I want to connect a Subwoofer to my D90SE (both amp and sub have RCA...
  10. Saffy

Hum from my Tube amp (300B) - Please help!

Thanks Raindance, I accept the science behind your premise, though the difference with and without was not subtle. So I'm at a bit of a loss to explain beyond that. Regarding the hum, I've since discovered that my fridge is on the same circuit, that it that the outlet outputs 126v. My amp is...
  11. Saffy

Thank you for all the logical suggestions, though the APC LE1200 DID NOT work for me sonically. The idea that it would provide some level of surge protection and stabilize the current flow to my sensitive 300b amp seemed perfect - if fact I'm quite sure it did just that. The downside was hum...
  12. Saffy

INPUT IMPEDANCE: 100K ohm (RCA) OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 4 ohm - 8 ohm OUTPUT POWER: 8W into 8 ohms, CLASS A DAMPING FACTOR: >3 FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz-20KHz -1dB T.H.D.: <1% 20Hz-20KHz (REF. OUTPUT) TOTAL GAIN: 32dB INPUT...
  13. Saffy

Thank you Raindance, I ordered the APC le1200, let's see what it can do. Question: My amp is rated at 115v (+/- 5%), therefore should I select the 110 or the 120v setting on the APC -given the APC's potential to step up or down by 10v when needed (100-120 OR 110-130v range respectively??) I...
  14. Saffy

Then there is their cheap at $36 that has 4300 Jules (APC Performance SurgeArrest 10 Outlet with 2 Port 2.4A USB Charger 120V) How important is the Line-R?
  15. Saffy

Thanks again, I'm tempted go with the APC LE1200 Line-R 1200VA Automatic Voltage Regulatorn - two questions please: is 700 Jules enough, or better to go with their 2700 Jules 9 inputs unit (APC Black Rackmount Performance SurgeArrest 9 Outlet 120V) Again I don't want anything that could mess...
  16. Saffy

Thanks for clearing up my misconception! So I guess the ground removal has to do with personal safety. Though I still want a budget surge-supressor as I live in Florida - the lightening capital of the US. Any suggestions? Thank you.
  17. Saffy

Thanks, the amp is not grounded externally. The only reason I mentioned surge protector was to protect from over-voltages now that I'm using a cheater-plug. Can anyone recommend a budget one that doesn't mass with the sound?
  18. Saffy

Same significant hum without the cheater plug at low levels
  19. Saffy

Hi, after trying every process of elimination possible throughout my rig, in a end a cheater-plug on my amp solved the hum problem 99%. Why is that?, and how to I remove the source of the problem? OR, do I keep it as is, and add a low cost surge supressor to protect the amp? Thank you.
  20. Saffy

Good advice, thanks. Fernando was guy that solved it with a tube swap. Be nice to know which tube. What is the chance that its one of my 300bs?
Top Bottom