Search results

1. Lawhaus

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Yes, but I know it can be better. After going to route of DSP/dirac and measurements, I know the last hurdle for improvement is the room itself. And effective room treatment is so ugly, I dont want it in my living room.
  2. Lawhaus

Legion 7 soundcard vs Topping E30 II lite and Topping L30 II perception

You are overestimating the capabilities of your onboard/inbuild sound device. Even if it’s marketer as a highend laptop, the sound is always a compromised for costs. Same with highend motherboards.
  3. Lawhaus

Is the Yamaha A-S 1200 integrated amplifier so mediocre in terms of instrumental measurements?

It’s a nice piece of equipment, just don’t buy it if you expect it to sound better than your Sabaj. It has other perks: build quality, looks pretty, probably the knobs and remote will feel pleasant :)
  4. Lawhaus

Mesh WiFi recommendations?

Vouch for Ubiquiti. I turned off the default wifi modules on my ISP provided modem/router. And just use the Ubiquiti AP’s (access points). I used them wired (power over ethernet) to different parts of the house. So the backhaul of the network is wired. But roaming for devices works like mesh...
  5. Lawhaus

Do you think superconductors will make a difference to audio??

I can’t wait for Audioquest to add battery’s to cables to make them more than superconductive
  6. Lawhaus

Blue Jeans Cable Isolation Transformer Review

Why so negative? I think their cables with banana plugs are still the best because they weld the plug to the conductor. Much better then just screw tightening or solder. And those measure well.
  7. Lawhaus

First impressions after first dip into class D (2x Hypex Nilai 500 Mono)

This is the answer. SHD outputs higher voltage over XLR than RCA. Its actually one of the reasons why you would want to use XLR over RCA with such sn amp, you get bettet performance in the end.
  8. Lawhaus

Gaia Isolation anything in this?

Can you please share some more of your experience? Do you run your R11’s with a sub? Crossover or full range? What kind of floor do you have? I’ve been eyeing these for my R11’s for a very long time. Isoscoustics product worked amazing for my sub, but I’m afraid of how much impact it will make...
  9. Lawhaus

Review and Measurements and miniDSP 2x4 HD DSP and DAC

Agree. Janky ergonomics is a good description. I already shared the problems with the volume control via remote. But now that you mention this. It reminds me, having the optical-in and usb at the front makes no damn sense. It’s the only ugly cabling cabling in my setup, see pics.
  10. Lawhaus

Tbh I couldnt really hear a differce with a well respected dedicated balanced dac (smsl su8 v2). While nothing was wrong with the smsl, having dirac and being able to time align your sub outweighs a relative increase in noise/distortion.
  11. Lawhaus

Mostly because the button feel on the remote. I really have to press down hard, hold, and sniper aim at the device, otherwise nothing happends. Combine that with no feedback from a display…. Results in a bad experience. Luckily the sound quality improvement of dirac makes up for it.
  12. Lawhaus

I use it like this. With the DRC (Dirac) upgrade, hypex amp and active sub. The sound quality is satisfying. But the volume control/remote is terrible. I keep thinking I need a Minidsp SHD.
  13. Lawhaus

IsoAcoustic Stand on top of 24" Floorstand to bring the speaker to ear level? Does it make sense?

I had the LS50’s for almost 10 years with a sub before upgrading. So I knew them very well. When I upgraded to the R11 + sub I was honestly disappointed at first. I felt like I lost a lot of detail and clarity. The mid and mid-bass sounded better though. For me this was unacceptable after...
  14. Lawhaus

IsoAcoustic Stand on top of 24" Floorstand to bring the speaker to ear level? Does it make sense?

I already did exactly this. I own LS50’s + isoscoustics + stands :) Putting the isoscoustics on top of stands in my living room was very stable. No risk of falling off whatsoever. The rubber of the iso’s make it very stable. However the acoustic benefit, wasn’t there. Listening at 2,5-3m...
  15. Lawhaus

50 of the best hi-fi albums for audiophiles?

There are many of such lists online, but I’m always amazed how bad most of these albums actually sound. Based on poor recordings, bad mastering etc. Anyway, to contribute to this thread. One if my favorites is ‘Angus & Julia Stone - Down the way’. But for some reason this album is not...
  16. Lawhaus

Understanding headphone amp specs: Focusrite Scarlet Solo G3 vs NI Kontrol Z1

Hi all, I'm looking for help to interpret specs and measurements of two pieces of gear that I already own. Both have DAC capability and headphone out, but which one is better on paper/measurements for the headphone out? Focusrite Scarlett Solo Gen3 Native Instruments Kontrol Z1 The Focusrite...
  17. Lawhaus

Used REW+DIRAC for the first time - advice needed

Thanks for the feedback! I've read about only doing bass with Dirac before, so will experiment with it in the future. There are so many things to test. I also never could measure the effect of the phase knob on the sub, so that will be next as well.
  18. Lawhaus

Used REW+DIRAC for the first time - advice needed

Hello all, I've been slowly upgrading my system and I now own a Hypex NC502MP amp, KEF R11 and SVS SB-1000 sub. The final missing piece was some form of EQ/DRC I thought, to better integrate my sub and get an idea about my actual room acoustics. Inspired by many others on this forum, I bought...
  19. Lawhaus

Should I fix my dad’s old speakers?

I had a similar situation, where I spend a few hundred euros to repair my dad’s old vintage speakers. They are fine for casual listening ofcourse, but definately not end-game speakers. So after a few months I replaced them already in my main system. Was it a ‘waste’ to spend that money? I...
  20. Lawhaus

Hypex NCore - Yea or Nay?

I have the NC502MP from Audiophonics. Zero hum coming from it, used for a year on LS50’s and now on the big R11. With the R11 the amp can show its competence on high volume :) very satisfied. RCA-XLR is not ideal. I would get power on pops, but it’s probably the DAC’s fault: SMSL SU8. Just...
Top Bottom