Search results

1. fredoamigo

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

The Blades will score higher, go better with any interior and I find them really beautiful with their timeless look, they remind me of a sculpture. But even if their measures are excellent, are they the best passive measures? It's not that simple unfortunately. What we know for sure is that they...
  2. fredoamigo

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

I didn't see the impedance mini with EPDR? is there a table?
  3. fredoamigo

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

You are partly right, some speakers may not immediately impress upon first listen because they are designed to provide an accurate and balanced frequency response. However, they offer great flexibility for EQ to suit personal taste without causing significant damage, because they are...
  4. fredoamigo

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

Poor thing, what a humiliation !;)
  5. fredoamigo

B&W vs Estelon vs Magico - Recent Demo

AudiogoNscience rewiew ;)
  6. fredoamigo

Major life moment: first true Hifi system

The biggest advantage of the McIntosh is their value on the day you resell them. But apart from their superb looks and good build quality, it's not the amplification that will make the difference, as long as it's well dimensioned and correctly built. From there, yes, a pair of AHB2s (among...
  7. fredoamigo

ATC speakers / Monitors

Probably, ATC has the Klippel system for speaker control and performance, just like many other manufacturers, such as Magnat, who also use it for their marketing. But no Klippel NFS https://magnat-usa.com/about-us/a-look-at-the-measuring-laboratory...
  8. fredoamigo

Dutch & Dutch 8c Longevity?

In 2018, after listening to the 8C for the first time, this was the first question I asked myself, because I was ready to pull the trigger, but there were still a few (too many) uncertainties about the longevity of a young and small company, and the guarantee in the event of failure, and this is...
  9. fredoamigo

BOXEM Audio | Arthur 4215/E2 Purifi Amplifier | Owners' Thread

Another victim of very high resolution systems :facepalm:
  10. fredoamigo

Starlink is very good

The Starlink solution is going to solve a lot of problems for me In France .There is currently a promotion on the Starlink site at 225 € instead of 445€ for the complete standard kit, but from what I've seen it's with the Gen2 and not the Gen3 which is currently only available in the USA...so...
  11. fredoamigo

B&W vs Estelon vs Magico - Recent Demo

In my opinion, this is the essential and fundamental element to take into account. the purchase price above the 20 k threshold means nothing and is not a quality criterion in itself. Beyond any price considerations, the choice isn't limited to 3 speakers, B&W is not in the game, but that's just...
  12. fredoamigo

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

It's clear that today, this DAC appears a little 'overrated' with its triple linear power supply, dual mono, and performances ranging from acceptable to good. In any case, the difference with a SOTA dac today 10 times cheaper will be inaudible. But hey, forgive me, but there is nothing...
  13. fredoamigo

Speakers from last century that you love

For a long time, I was eager to buy a pair of these speakers. Opportunities were few and far between, and it remained an unfulfilled dream, because after listening to their big sister, ( Duntech,) I was convinced I had finally found the absolute Holy Grail of the time. They were certainly among...
  14. fredoamigo

This is my den ! ;)in this 200-year-old house with really thick walls, but the interior has since changed ... the acoustics are good.
  15. fredoamigo

New Purifi amplifiers coming

I made a simulation "all options" with personalized paint and I arrive at 7,268.40€ for France which corresponds more or less to the price of two AHB2 ;(the price is exactly the same as for the Hypex PNC2k )
  16. fredoamigo

New Purifi amplifiers coming

For the price it's what I expected and it stings a bit. I'm going to wait for the others to come out with their mono block offers.
  17. fredoamigo

Spendor SP 9/1 I had these marvels with me for a few years...sometimes I miss them because they had endearing aspects...as far as I can remember, their measurements were not bad considering the era in which they were conceived.
  18. fredoamigo

JBL L52 Classic review by Erin's Audio Corner

I didn't expect anything better...distortion is a problem here!
Top Bottom