Search results

1. C

Is Digital Audio Transmission Analog? [video]

Darko's argument are quite feeble to put it mildly. First, digital does not exist and in fact it is a fabrication, that we humans have devised to literally "integralize" sound. To go to the ridiculous, but feasible, I could have a speaker that emits a bark for 1 and to take into account jitter...
  2. C

Triangle Esprit Antal Ez Review (Tower Speaker)

Would've been interesting to hear side by side comparison with something like the Revel M105s which are closer in price bracket to these as the M16 are possibly unfairly beat.
  3. C

Triangle Esprit Antal Ez Review (Tower Speaker)

Thanks for the review Amir. I like the sound of these Triangles, IMO the tweeter is a bit hard on the ears, horns in general cause that to me, but with EQ on the bass, they sound very nice.
  4. C

Triangle Borea BR03 Review (bookshelf speaker)

Hey Amir, thanks for the review. I don't know about these Triangles, but they sure look nice aesthetically. I know you have some other Triangle material around!!
  5. C

PSB M4U 1 Review (headphone)

Oh, and mine also worn out, especially the top pad, but sonically, they are still great.
  6. C

$9 Headphone Review: Sony MDR-ZX110

I tried your eq but softened a bit the top peak/dip from 7 to 5db and the cans are sounding way above $9 through a Chord Hugo. I also had to add some 8db headroom management so that the bass would not saturate.
  7. C

PSB M4U 1 Review (headphone)

Thanks Amir!! I have these cans and they are a good daily driver for my ears. They are not stressful, but because they are closed back they can get tiresome after some time -- Note, that's just my gripe with closed back cans --. Anyhow, I personally like more the MDR-7506 for overall tonality...
  8. C

KRK ROKIT 5 Gen 4 Review (Studio Monitor)

Hey Amir, I like the videos, they add spice ;-).
  9. C

Revel M105 Bookshelf Speaker Review

My take without going into specifics is that it's hard to assess how "objective" things are, but it's way better to have some metrics than none. Metrics give you a clear baseline and from there you can start a discussion around other aspects. Amir uses the Klippel method, which is a proven...
  10. C

NAD Viso HP50 Review (headphone)

Thanks for the review and they seem to sound great. Problem I have with on-ear cans is that after a while the make my ears physically hurt. IOW, I cannot wear them for 3 hours straight.
  11. C

Philips Fidelio X2HR Review (headphone)

These have been on my list of possible headphones to buy, reason being that I have the philips SHP9500 (~ $80) and I consider them some of the best sounding cans I have. I figured their signature would be similar but they would do better in the aspects where the SHP9500 lacks. The SHP9500 are...
  12. C

Sony MDR-7506 Review (Headphone)

I enjoy each one of these reviews, both the measurements as well as the subjective parts. I have the MDR-7506 collecting dust somewhere, but I have to say that I have always enjoyed their sound and comfort. I am an over-the-ear headphone fan, and each one's head and ears are different. The...
  13. C

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Tear Down

Amir, very cool the temperature analysis.
  14. C

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Happy new year Amir. Hey, this looks like a nice little amplifier, with great bang for the buck. Thanks for the review!!
  15. C

Linn Majik DS-1 Streamer & Amplifier Review

Re services now they have Qobuz and Tidal too, but the best is Roon via Songcast. Re room correction: it's really coarse. Lots of pictures and very general questions like room measurements or whether you have or don't have wall here or there. In other words it's an approximate open loop room...
  16. C

They are indeed very good at updating the software and firmware. So far never had a problem.
  17. C

@amirm the frequency response is very much like the one in the Linn AV5125-5 you measured back in 06/2020.
  18. C

I have a Pi and have worked with the USB output. I get annoyed a bit with Volumio. I will try again, see if I can install the Roon bridge on it. As for DAC I want to get the allo piano black as HAT. Once I have that I will feed it to an old Marantz I have.
  19. C

Keep in mind the device is 11 years old. I agree it was very pricey at the time. Not sure if Linn is still using the same DAC / circuitry nowadays.
Top Bottom