Search results

1. T

The best DDC USB to SPDIF with UAC1 profile thats usable for PS5 and other consoles?

I recently got the Hifime UT23 and it's working well with my PS5. I run it into my RME DAC, no probs.
  2. T

Share your in-room measurements?

Imo, the last two posted plots look a bit flat so probably sound a little thin. Personally, I like a bit more tilt than that, around +3.5dB on the low end and -3.5 at 20khz. 0dB at 1kHz.
  3. T

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Based on my experiences over the past couple days, if they sound lean, they're not sealing well. Once I finally got them sealed, I think they're almost a little bass heavy. Plenty of it.
  4. T

Do you have any advice on adopting this for use with the RME ADI-2 DAC FS? it has only 5 PEQ bands plus a low shelf and a high shelf. Looks like I could use the shelf on the low, but your highest filter has a high Q.
  5. T

Desktop Speakers ~$2000 (Active & Silent)

My 8030Cs hiss a bit. They're on my desk so fairly close. It's not too annoying, but when they go to sleep its a bit of a relief. Its nothing like the hiss on 305Ps though. I hated that.
  6. T

A Question For Genelec Owners.

I have these stands and they have notches in the vertical tilt adjustment.. maybe try tightening it a bit and angling them so you feel the notches?
  7. T

3 Generations of Marantz flagship integrated amps measured

You should summarize the results in a table for easy comparison.
  8. T

I tried all the silicone ones and was about to give up, but at last I tried the memory foam ones. These seem to be working and the bass has arrived. Sound pretty good! Tonality is great. Maybe a little congested in the upper bass. Plenty of low end now, I'd say. I also have trouble with my...
  9. T

Hey all, These arrived in the mail today. My first IEMs. I'm running them off of my RME ADI-2 DAC FS with no EQ. The fit seems right, they are snug pressing into my ears. However, I hear like no bass at all. They sound very thin. I'm pretty sure I have the wires plugging in right, they curl up...
  10. T

Digital Audio Demystified

NTK's first post in this thread describes sync interpolation. It showings that storing and even processing audio information in discrete time works very well. But this applies to digital processors and DSPs and has nothing to do with how DACs work. (and that is the intent of his post which is...
  11. T

Yeh, I'm a EE and at one time passed, although barely, the Signals and Systems course. hah. My understanding was that a DAC always had some small sample and hold induced stair step type feature. I don't work much with DACS or analog circuits so haven't thought much bout it. Monty's video where...
  12. T

But if each bit is being mapped to a discrete voltage, isn't that in fact a stairstep signal? Monty's video showed the post-DAC signal as a perfect sine wave with no stair stepping. I think he even said that the smoothness isn't even due to filtering a stair step. He made it sound like the DAC...
  13. T

How does an actual DAC chip work? I've seen simple DAC circuits using resistors summed with an opamp to convert digital bits into voltages, but that wouldn't do any interpolation. Can you discuss the actual electrical circuits that implement interpolation on-chip?
  14. T

The sound quality of DSD?

I have a question. I understand Nyquist and how given two sample points there is only one solution to "draw" a sine wave through them, but how does the DAC actually fit the sine wave to these two points? How do they correctly interpolate?
  15. T

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I finally got my first pair of real headphones - HD6xx. I'm driving them with an RME ADI-2 DAC and I think they sound great. I'm using the Oratory1990 RME EQ settings on the DAC itself. I'm also finding I need a little crossfade as I think the channel isolation and hard panning wears my brain...
  16. T

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

^No, they're currently on sale $300 off. I got a Sweetwater demo for $899 and as far as I can tell its brand new. Remote and accessories were in sealed bags, stickers on the unit. I just got one of these bad boys and am digging it. I really like both the crossfade function for headphones and...
  17. T

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

You'll want to HPF the 8030Cs as well. The Genelec subs crossover at 85Hz I believe so that's probably good place to start. My 8030Cs hiss not to a terribly bothersome level, I really only notice when the go to sleep and the hiss stops, but it's definitely there. Mine are placed about 3ft away.
  18. T

SOLD!!!: VTV Purifi 1ET400A amplifier (Boston area)

Hey all, I have a barely used VTV Purify ET100A amplifier. It's the "stock" buffer configuration, barebones just like the setup Amir reviewed. I've had it a year and have literally only used it for a few hours because I went to active speakers. XLR inputs and it has Speakon and banana jack...
Top Bottom