Search results

1. G

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

Do you mean "Roon"? If stuck on 1.05 then this will be of no help either?
  2. G

You provided an update and broke 32-bit. How about you send me a new device and I'll send the defective one back? Why should I do without (which is likely to be for months)?
  3. G

Sod the crappy Windows drivers. I've set up a Raspberry Pi/Roon bridge (uses Linux drivers - ALSA) and plugged the M500 into that. Amazing difference.
  4. G

On their website - they later pulled it. This is the point. It's their doing and we're supposed to send the unit back (so they can do the update) at a massive inconvenience.
  5. G

It's not just a number. I paid for 32-bit, I had 32-bit and their update downgraded the device to 24-bit. This is their doing hence why many people are angry. To make matters worse they are doing nothing about it (there's going to be a negative review on Amazon if this carries on).
  6. G

Yes, it will be a customized version.
  7. G

There will be an audit trail and the purchaser can give you the sales invoice, which you can verify with Amazon and then you can send a replacement and ask the purchaser to return the defective unit (whatever defective means).
  8. G

It appears there will never be an update again then - "If you buy this year, not need to upgrade anymore. " "The firmware can only be upgraded once". They've issued 1.07, 1.08 and 2.01, broken 32-bit and are not offering any practical solution.
  9. G

I'm not doubting - mine is stuck on 1.05: Please provide the tools to upgrade.
  10. G

You could offer to send a new unit upon receipt of the purchase invoice with a package to send the defective one back. I don't want to send my unit half way around the world and be without music for months.
  11. G

@SMSL-Mandy we deserve an explanation.
  12. G

What is wrong with these units that they cannot be flashed successfully?
  13. G

It would be helpful for some transparency rather than short abrupt answers from support. If there is a hardware problem, it seems widespread. If it's just hardware why did they remove the 1.08 and 2.01 updates? Probably a valid reason, but it would helpful to know. Surely there is a software...
  14. G

Great. I only had 1 month to return to Amazon which ran out in January.
  15. G

It seems they want a bad reputation. Not a good idea.
  16. G

How have you sourced the unit? What guarantee did you have re the above specs?
  17. G

I'm on 1.05. Applying 2.01 (failed) has limited me to 24/384 when I had 32/384.
  18. G

Does 32 bits show under device properties in Windows?
  19. G

I've given up with the updates. The XMOS driver is also a bag of nails on my system (Win 10 pro 64-bit) and I'm instead using the Windows proprietary driver which is working flawlessly so far.
Top Bottom