Search results

1. joltman

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

I've got the Hakko 888D Digital soldering station. I will admit, it's been many years since I soldered, but I watched too many YouTube videos on how to tin and the fact I'm hearing audio makes me think the connections are fine. And as I said, I've verified that there are no stray wires...
  2. joltman

I did tin the wire ends as well as the cups on the XLRs. I could also purchase more Neutrik connectors and try making another set of cables. Good practice too. I was wondering how everyone isn't hearing this same issue. Maybe my soldering sucks.
  3. joltman

I've been able to isolate this to the XLR cables. With the pre-built RCA cables and using my custom 4pin XLR headphone cable, I'm not able to reproduce the issue. The the XLR cables and the stock Sennheiser single ended cable, I can reproduce the issue. When I originally had the gain at 3...
  4. joltman

This thread has been a rollercoaster. I've got an issue I was hoping someone here could assist me with. I've got a D90 (non-MQA, in DAC only mode) and a Monoprice THX 887 headphone amp. I've also got the Sennheiser HD650 cans. I decided to make my own XLR cables using Mogami W2549 and...
  5. joltman

I've currently got a FiiO E17 in a FiiO E09K dock. It's powering my HD650 cans. So far, it's been great. Now that I'm working from home full time, I was thinking of upgrading my setup. Obviously, I'm looking at the D90 and thinking of pairing it with the Monoprice AAA THX 887 and making my...
Top Bottom