Search results

1. Transmaniacon

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

Thanks, both are completely transparent at this point.
  2. Transmaniacon

I’m glad I snagged a A10d for $169, I like the design better of that compared to this one.
  3. Transmaniacon

This might be what makes me upgrade from my Topping D10. It’s good to see no drop in performance when using non USB inputs and I like the internal power supply to keep my stereo cleaner.
  4. Transmaniacon

Looking for versatile desktop DAC and Amp recommendation

I think you should decide if you want an all in one unit or separates. Some of these pairings are significantly larger than others, do you have the desk space for these? All of them measure really well, snd most of these can drive just about anything. I would say pick the aesthetic and price...
  5. Transmaniacon

Recommend me a DAC + headphone combo device to use with my PC

The DX1 is a solid choice, should work well for you.
  6. Transmaniacon

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

I just got a Sabaj A10d for $169, I see the Topping DX3 Pro+ is $175 for prime day. Is either one a more compelling option for driving HD6XX?
  7. Transmaniacon

Which DAC/AMP should I get? Fiio K7 vs Topping E50/L50 vs iFi Zen Signature

I just got one of these new on Amazon for $169, looking forward to hearing it!
  8. Transmaniacon

Sabaj A10d 2022 Version Review (DAC & Amp)

Well my A10d is on the way and will be here Tuesday, $169 seems like a stupid good deal. I was leaning towards the Topping DX3Pro+, but this looks nicer, and has an internal power supply, plus balanced outs if I ever hook up some studio monitors. I think this will work well for my HD6XX. I...
  9. Transmaniacon

Sabaj A10d 2022 Version Review (DAC & Amp)

Are these really $169 on Amazon? I just ordered one, it shows the 2022 version with headphone amp.
  10. Transmaniacon

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Are there any DACs with dual USB inputs? I would love something that could switch between my work and personal computers.
  11. Transmaniacon

What makes you prefer that over the DX3 Pro+?
  12. Transmaniacon

Is this still the go to choice for a combo DAC/AMP at $200? Debating the DX1 but the DX3 Pro+ seems to offer a lot more power.
  13. Transmaniacon

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

Thanks, I prefer the form factor of the DX1 and just want an upgrade over my onboard audio for the HD6XX. The DX1 sounds like a good choice!
  14. Transmaniacon

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

Is this a good budget option for the HD6XX. Is there anything in the $100 that compares or beats the DX1?
  15. Transmaniacon

Topping RD3 TP Balanced DAC Review

Okay you don’t have the like the way it looks, he does, that doesn’t have any impact on its performance. And you and I both know you couldn’t tell this apart from some “real hifi” DAC that looks nicer.
  16. Transmaniacon

I never realized how much discussion could be had over the aesthetics of a budget DAC… if you don’t like the look, it’s not for you.
  17. Transmaniacon

This would be great for my stereo system, I have a Topping D30 that works fine, but I like this form factor and I wouldn't need a power brick as well. The rack ears kill it for me though, they should be removable or sell a version without them. I suppose you could cut them off with a hacksaw...
  18. Transmaniacon

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

I have never heard the L3s but I would imagine they are a good contender with the Polks.
  19. Transmaniacon

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

The R200 digs deeper and has better resolution up top. The Chanes might have a wider sweet spot, both handle power very well and maintain their composure. The R200 is a better speaker, but it's over twice as much. For a movie system I think the Chanes would be fantastic.
  20. Transmaniacon

Polk Reserve R200 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Yeah I’m not listening to that kind of music, but no 6.5” driver is going to handle that very well!
Top Bottom