Search results

1. MBroadus

Review and Measurements of Bluesound NODE 2i Streamer

Basically you want to use the Node 2i as a streamer and bypass the 2i DAC using the coax out connection to the Rega DAC? I have read that the usb input on the Rega DAC is the weakest input and that the other inputs provides better DAC performance. Therefore, I would say yes. I will be using...
  2. MBroadus

Naim Uniti Nova Integrated Amp Media Player

Hello neighbor, A buddy of mine who has the Nova indicated that it dropped to $5990 and its a hefty 80 watts via class A/B amps. I'll be using the Nova with an Anthem AVR and Focal Aria 936 speakers. Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not a fan of Cambridge products. After some thought, I may...
  3. MBroadus

I have no desire to use Chromecast Audio and you're correct that its not being made anymore.
  4. MBroadus

Yes, I've been lusting after it for over a year now and I heard the price is about to drop.
  5. MBroadus

Yes, I know. Just trying to find some info. thanks
  6. MBroadus

Good Morning, Thinking of purchasing the Naim Uniti Nova Integrated Amp Media Player and see that it uses the Burr-Brown PCM1791A chip and would like to know where I can find a review and/or measurements of this chip? Thank you!
  7. MBroadus

After talking to a few people that I trust, they are convinced that there’s very few streamer/DAC combos that do a good job of both for under $3K. They suggest that I use the node 2i as a streamer to a Qutest or other DAC. Another friend suggested the miniDSP SHD DAC streamer.
  8. MBroadus

Thanks...Yes, the 2i has both an optical and digital coax out. I'll continue searching options...also thinking of the Naim Uniti Atom which sounds fantastic.
  9. MBroadus

I'm glad you brought this up because I have been looking at the Chord Qutest but prefer to not use my MacBook Pro to stream Tidal. I was curious whether I could use the Node 2i to stream to Qutest without engaging the 2i's DAC? But like you say, the 2i would make for an expensive streamer...
  10. MBroadus

Thanks...I overlooked that since I do not use Roon.
  11. MBroadus

I'm currently using the Node 2i to stream Tidal via RCA out to unfold MQA to my Anthem MRX-720 AVR and I enjoy the sound. From reading through this thread, it seems as though a majority of you guys are using the digital coax/optical out in order to take advantage of the DACs in your AVR/AMPs...
Top Bottom