Search results

1. turbotuff

Crown Xti4002 Pro Stereo Amplifier Review

I'd be curious how an old school Macrotech would do
  2. turbotuff

Mackie HR824 MK1 Studio Monitors: Factory Anechoic + In-Room Measurements

Incorrect. The MK1 also had a passive radiator and were all made in USA. I believe the MK2 was made overseas.
  3. turbotuff

Topping BC3 Review (Bluetooth Receiver) & BT CODECs

I just ordered one for your recommendation. The performance difference in the tests seem to favor the BC3. But I will trust your judgment and give it a try. Just looking for the best option for my money
  4. turbotuff

Is this unit still the best Bluetooth DAC for the money? Have the bugs been resolved? Looking for an affordable Bluetooth DAC to keep in the car.
  5. turbotuff

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

My unit just lost the left channel as well. Very frustrating.
  6. turbotuff

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

I am also having this issue. Anyone have a fix?
  7. turbotuff

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

I was able to get a pair of HR824 MK1s for $200 on the secondhand market. The HR824 is a large step above the MR824.
  8. turbotuff

JBL SRX835P Reviewed (Powered Monitor)

According to JBL's measurements, the EON615 appears to have a better response. At a fraction of the price, might be worth testing?
  9. turbotuff

ifi Zen Blue Review (Bluetooth Receiver & DAC)

What affordable DAC would couple well with this unit?
  10. turbotuff

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

How is the Bluetooth performance?
  11. turbotuff

Wonder how this compares to the Ifi Zen Blue
  12. turbotuff

Here's what Ethan Winer had to say regarding to the smoothing of these specific Mackie calibration certificates: "I doubt there's a lot of smoothing. Look at the octaves between 5 and 10 Khz, and between 10 and 20 KHz. There's a tiny ripple that could possibly be 1/6th octave smoothing, but...
  13. turbotuff

Agreed. They have tons of clean power and from the tests I've seen, they measure very well. I got one pair for $225 and one pair for $325. Nothing touches them for the money IMO
  14. turbotuff

Very nice. I hope amirm can get hands on a pair some day.
  15. turbotuff

I have four original Made in USA Mackie HR824 monitors so I figured I should do some measurements on them to see how consistent the factory calibration is on them. Two of the speakers are from 1999 and two are from 2000. I've attached an overlay of my 4 speaker measurements trying to keep levels...
  16. turbotuff

Recommended inexpensive XLR or TRS cables?

I like the price of the Talent cables. Definitely the cheapest of the bunch in TRS to TRS format. Any benefits of going TRS to XLR or is TRS to TRS sufficient?
  17. turbotuff

Recommended inexpensive XLR or TRS cables?

Hi there, I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for balanced audio cables that are inexpensive? I picked up a pair of cheap powered studio monitors for garage use and need a couple balanced 25' cables to hook them to my DAC. Any thoughts? Thanks!!
  18. turbotuff

Comparison of DRCs: Dirac Live for Studio, IK Multimedia ARC System 3 and Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio edition

Thanks for the comparison. I personally went with Sonarworks for its seamless integration with its "systemwide" feature. I have been very pleased since day one with it. The difference is clear, music sounds so muffled with it off! I can't go back!
Top Bottom