Search results

1. J

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

The shape of the bass roll off has me wondering what you would have subjectively thought if it closer to the wall behind it an no bass boost filter.
  2. J

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Even so, please tell Hobie and Dirac we’re ready! :p TBH I would gladly pay for a beta version at this point!
  3. J

Please tell Hobie we’re ready!
  4. J

A Call For Humor!

Do they have kids sizes?
  5. J

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

Hey @TimoJ . Thanks for all your help and support for HTP-1 owners and Dirac. Amir said this about jitter on HTP-1 ”Wish I could test HDMI but can not. Above spikes are correlated with the 250 Hz square wave that is embedded in J-test signal. This means what bits to feed the DAC changes its...
  6. J

This just doesn’t seem right at all I found a familiar muting problem I have seen below -90 dB in other processors: I ran this by Anthem but they could not replicate it. They shared measurements with me that was normal. I have supplied my test project file for them to investigate. Will...
  7. J

Dirac Live standalone for PC and Mac

Flavio said they had an ”intrusion” and are working on it. https://www.avsforum.com/threads/dirac-live.3137722/post-62937097
  8. J

Are you one of the lucky HTP-1 Beta testers?
  9. J

A Call For Humor!

10. J

Reviewer recommendations?

James Larson over at Audioholics.
  11. J

How to feed REW test signals through Roon (Equalizer) for room correction?

To expand on prior post http://www.roomeqwizard.com/help/help_en-GB/html/makingmeasurements.html#fileplayback
  12. J

Need some advice matching speakers to amp

According to the manual with only the 6ohm Elacs connected Yamaha recommends the High setting. If you want to know more about what that switch is actually for and doing there’s this: https://www.audioholics.com/audio-amplifier/impedance-selector-switch-1 Great speakers. I have a pair and...
  13. J

Just checked and AStock shows available. There‘s also a $750 off coupon that may work if anyone has a mind to try. https://www.monoprice.com/pages/back_to_school?page_type=homepage%20&location_type=leaderboardr0s1&start_date=230815&promo_type=230814_backtoschool $3250 is still a decent deal...
  14. J

120-140hz optimization

I’ll preface this question by stating I’m no expert in this. Could at least the lowest peak be caused by noise in the circuitry? It seems suspiciously close to 2nd harmonic of 60Hz electric frequency. Whatever it is, it’s ringing like crazy. Good luck.
  15. J

Multi-Sub Optimizer (MSO): Lessons Learned, Tips & Tricks

From REW help file: Using a timing reference allows REW to eliminate the variable propagation delays within the computer and interface so that separate measurements have the same absolute timing. Or put another way, using a timing reference overcomes the fact that your computer sometimes thinks...
  16. J

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

I’m good, thanks. Just trying to help out by pointing out. As soon as I can justify replacing perfectly fine amplification, I’ll be your way first.
  17. J

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

The OP says the spring sale is on. Over, correct?
  18. J

A Call For Humor!

infinite loops can indeed be a problem.
  19. J

Bass-management headroom - how to avoid clipping your sub out

Its even better the processor manufacturers will allow the LFE channel to be boosted via the trims. ;) I am fortunate to have Monolith HTP-1 which shows digital signal level on all channels in real time and a user accessible setting for reserved digital headroom. 12dB is default. I infer from...
  20. J

A certain sense of auto-derision: Benchmark AHB2 subjective review written by... ChatGPT

Let’s see how many AHB2s the other A.I.s buy after reading it and then decide.
Top Bottom