Search results

1. S

Back to upgrade

Hey there! It's been awhile, but I resolved my original ground loop problem with a little isolator plug, but now my headphones are certainly growing long in the tooth, and I'd certainly like to upgrade sooner than later. I'm looking around the $1k range. Coming from the 4XX, I really enjoyed...
  2. S

Planar upgrade

Hey there, been awhile. I'm still looking for a proper upgrade to my HE-4XXs sub $1,000. Better distortion figures, closed or open-back, with a base frequency response that smooths out the treble, and adds a more prevalent bass and midrange response. I had some ideas, HD-650/6XX, LCD-2, or 2C...
  3. S

Ground Loop / USB output noise

I'm hearing ground noise from my PC source. It's a custom tower PC, which through a Apple Type-C to 3.5 mm, connects to a Schiit Asgard 3 which powers my HE-4XX headphones. Noise is source-agnostic, connecting to mobile devices removes the noise completely. While PC headphone out, or USB ports...
  4. S

Portable amp for Ether CX/C Flow?

Title is pretty self-explanatory, but is there any mobile dac/amp combos that are capable of powering the set of headphones while still being pocket-able or at least portable enough to take with me in a backpack?
  5. S

Bookshelf speaker recommendations?

Hello, I managed to come across a solid find of audio gear, consisting of a Denon AVR-3311CI, a AudioSource AMP-310, and a Polk Audio DSW Pro 440wi sub. I have managed to set it up in the corner of my fairly small room, and with bookshelf speakers mounted via wall mounts, it will see some mixed...
Top Bottom