Search results

1. S

Will this improve anything?

Greetings, My kid listens to music on old cell phone, mostly youtube and spotify free account. Uses cheap ear buds you get free from the airlines. I bought for BD a pair of the truthear earbuds rec on this site. Was told the improvement is dramatic. Question: Will adding a dedicated external...
  2. S

Digital sound out of the USB C on my cell

Greetings, I would like to find out if/how I can get the digital sound out of the USB C port om OnePlus 6. I know it has 3.5mm jack, but I would like to try external DAC. I want to use external DAC/amp to run in-ear headphones. I went to the developers settings. The USB audio routing is...
  3. S

In ear buds with amplifier

Greetings, I am asking for some suggestions/advice. I drive to work about 3hrs/day, mostly highway. Try to listen to music and audiobooks via my android cell. The car is very noisy, especially on concrete highway. Using BT or cheap (airline gifted free) earbuds does not work. Too much noise...
  4. S

Home theater using DIRAC and PC

Greetings, Have a question about HT set up. Not sure if this is possible, but... Source of audio laptop PC with DIRAC live. External USB 7.1 audio card (several out there available). TV optical or HDMI out audio connected to the audio card. Audio card to the amplifier, then to speakers...
  5. S

Class D amp long term reliability

Hi, Looking for 2 channel amp to play a few hours 3-4 days a week. Would like to keep it for the next 10-15 years. Are class D amps today reliable enough to last that long without issues? Or should I go with AB amp? Don't really care one way or the other, but obviously my choice would be...
  6. S

center speaker question

Have been reading here quite a bit about how difficult it is to make a well behaved center channel speaker. So, my question is the following. If I have a pair of bookshelf front speakers with good measurements, is it a good idea to use the exact same speaker for center channel? My situation is...
  7. S

Mycetias Speakers

Any one is familiar with those? Seems like a new company, hand made in UK. Not much in terms of specs I could find. https://www.mycetias-audio.co.uk/
  8. S

Power requirement

Greetings, Wanted to ask if there is any more to the power requirement for the amp/speaker combo than the sensitivity/volume/listening distance. For example, if I have speakers with low sensitivity, let's say 85db, playing with 20wpc amp. Plays loud enough for me at the preferred listening...
  9. S

Another Bi amp question

Greetings, For all of you who are engineers... I am looking for a physics based answer. Let's say I have a pair of speakers capable of being bi-amped. Is there a difference/advantage to any one of the following methods? 1. Bi-amp with 4 channel amp 100 watt/channel all channels driven 2...
  10. S

Recommendations for 2.1 system

Greetings, I am thinking of assembling 2.1 system for music listening in the medium sized office room. Budget $2000 USD for speakers. Would strongly prefer something made in US/Canada/Western Europe. Need to be fairly sensitive to run on 20W amp in medium sized room. Want something with the...
  11. S

Single full range drivers

Greetings, Has any one measured speakers with single "full range" driver? Is there even a theoretical chance they would measure well? Thanks
  12. S

Connection questions

Greetings, I have two questions regarding component connections (unrelated to each other). 1. My TV has headphones out 3.5mm jack. Can I use headphone out to coax input on DAC with digital audio cable? The DAC is connected to stereo amp and then to 2 tower speakers. Anything can be damaged? I...
  13. S

Simple HT set up question

Greetings, I am looking for a simple HT in my room, about 22x15x8 feet (about 3x5x2.7 meters). For many reasons, I cannot run the wires to the surround (rear) speakers. I also prefer not to have AVR. So, my options are limited. 1. Sound bar with wireless rears and sub (sub would power the...
  14. S

Upgradeable hardware

Greeting, Was reading a thread here about the long-term reliability of many cheap and good performing Chinese products and it made me thinking... Any other brands similar to Linn? I mean making great performing bullet-proof gear, lasting for ages, that can be upgraded to the latest technology...
  15. S

Network audio player

Greetings, I am looking for decent and affordable network audio player. I store my music (FLAC) on PC external hard drive on network shared folders (also linked to Plex server). Setting up a second home system in a different room. Looking for a wired (Ethernet cable) solution. Ideally, need a...
Top Bottom