Search results

1. EmilMadsen90

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

Hifiberry Amp2 and Hifiberry MiniAmp.
  2. EmilMadsen90

The kit we bought, our current setups

I guess you're right about the cabinet changing the baffle diffraction of the speaker more or less. But it does a perfect job hiding my router, amplifier, DAC, PS3, PS4 Pro, Nintendo 64, Synology NAS, switch, Philips Hue bridge, and two Raspberry Pi's. So it would be quite messy without it :D A...
  3. EmilMadsen90

The kit we bought, our current setups

Speakers: B&W 801 Matrix S3 Amplifier: Thule Audio ia350b DAC: Topping E30 Streamer: Raspberry Pi 4B running Raspberry Pi OS Lite and Raspotify (LibreSpot based Spotify Connect client) connected to DAC through USB Love the speakers but need to dampen the room. Thinking of making DIY acoustic...
  4. EmilMadsen90

Stepper Motors: Someone feel like helping me out with a loudspeaker turntable design for measurement purposes?

This is a funny project. I actually made something for the exact same purpose 6 years ago for my Mechanical Engineering Bachelor's Thesis project. - For actuator and transmissions, we went with a BLDC motor with a 10:1 planetary gear followed by a friction wheel pressed against the edge of the...
  5. EmilMadsen90

DAC - pre out/line out switch

Nice, really appreciate it. Seems the general picture is that Topping's D-series/DAC-only products are fine with respect to the volume issue. If I want the XLR connectors, I'm limited to the D90. And possibly the D70, I guess it behaves similar to the D90
  6. EmilMadsen90

Nice, sounds like the M500 would suit my needs then :)
  7. EmilMadsen90

Thanks a lot for testing :) Sounds good with the D90 and 10th MKII volumes.
  8. EmilMadsen90

That sounds nice with the IR power switch. How is the volume on startup for the D50s if power has been disconnected? Does it remember the last volume setting or start out at mid or full volume?
  9. EmilMadsen90

Thanks for suggesting the SMSL M500, that could very well be an option. However, I have a hard time figuring out these usability aspects. Reviews seems to be focused towards audio quality. What I also want for the DAC/pre amp is to remember it's last volume setting after shutdown and power loss...
  10. EmilMadsen90

Good idea, that could work as well. I don't have any experience in programming such. Is it idiot proof, so to say? :-D Your suggestion made me think; I could somehow open the Topping remote and then mechanically or electrically disable the button.
  11. EmilMadsen90

I actually did consider the D90. The reason for me to go with the DX7 Pro over the D90 is that it is cheaper and, subjectively, has nicer looks. And a headphone amp which is also not a downside. But from what you're saying it actually seems like the D90 would suit my needs. Do you know if other...
  12. EmilMadsen90

Hi, Been lurking around ASR for some time now. I bought the Topping D30 and E30 and the JDS Labs Atom already. However, I’m dreaming of a DAC/pre amp/power amp set-up in my living room. I was thinking a Topping DX7 Pro connected to a power amp. What’s holding me back is; from my understanding...
  13. EmilMadsen90

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Topping D30 and JDS Labs Atom to use with my Audio-Technica ATH-M40X. I was just about to get the JBL 305P MKII but then read about the hiss which is a deal breaker for me.
  14. EmilMadsen90

What electronic audio products you want tested most

Some desktop PC motherboards (budget, gaming, etc.) and laptops (budget, gaming, business, etc.) to serve as comparisons against external DAC's and headphone amps. Maybe a few turntables and cartridges to serve as comparisons against (very) cheap DAC's :)
Top Bottom