Search results

1. P

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

My posts attempt to address many at one time, hence the effort and length. "Speaking of projection. It would appear that some introspection is required." Rhetoric; please site specific failing. "Coherent arguments have been presented to you multiple times regarding your claims and that if you...
  2. P

From solderdude; "How do you explain the fact that when the electrical signal is exactly the same there still is a difference." I've never heard anyone assert that, but it needs pursuing. and; "How do you explain the reports where people hear a difference when nothing in reality changed other...
  3. P

"Your use of language is somewhat concerning: there's something loose about it and subtly fragmented. Are you preoccupied with your own thought processing? Do you have a current diagnosis?" Yes I constantly scrutinise my use of language to ensure accuracy. I am also a self effacing neurotic...
  4. P

The takeaway is just that of an experience I had which is unaccounted for, whether external to, or internally in me, but I do not think it should be dismissed purely because it is not analysed and found to fall within a known scientific framework; work should be done on any and all such events...
  5. P

I cannot see how a simple assertion of my experience can result in such a tortuous 'debate', one which feels unpleasant in nature, my suspecting that axes to grind are evident. I am not a 'Golden Ear', but a person interested in sound reproduction. (Though my audiologist friend did say many...
  6. P

I am incredulous at the quality of reasoning being exhibited by those whom I suppose allude to science as a mainstay of their beliefs; what I see is a mass of projection attributing to me what I have not said or reasoned. I think we should monitor our own thought processes, and what we write for...
  7. P

My stance is inquisitorial; It is not always the case that bias obscures valid perception.
  8. P

Just a little more on the 5dB, not only was the mid/woofer a low 2 and 3/4 ohms, it had a relatively low BL factor and was driving a drone. It seems probable that the duration of the bass notes may have been extended as a result of the latter two aspects, and this can give the impression of more...
  9. P

I posted my experience not to have any relevance except to describe one of two very anomalous experiences I have had, the only ones I have had like this, this being of such an extreme nature, it pawls against everything I believe, and remains a complete oddity for me. Certainly I do not want...
  10. P

I find it very difficult to respond to assertions which lack intellectual rigour. I did not say that you would "have to agree", I said that I thought you would also have agreed. Sometimes some can state a perception which has a high degree of validity, abut other assertions about a perception...
  11. P

I am sorry if you are feeling pressured to believe anything; it seems to me that a better correlation can be achieved in perception when there is not knowledge of which is which, because that information may have introduced expectation bias, when without it, it could not. It is also possible to...
  12. P

I think you would also have agreed with the estimation; not all anecdotal reports of perceptions are entirely unfounded and unrelated to real phenomena. Of course for fine differences we need rigour. Consider a rural farmer, at the age of 30+ who has listened to medium wave AM all his life...
  13. P

My 5dB claim is based on years of acclimatisation to such a boost using a Baxendall bass control. It was such a substantial boost that measuring seemed unnecessary.
  14. P

The comparison was not done to the needed high resolutions of ABX or level matching when differences are very small. However the levels should not vary much given the equal lengths and similar CSA of materials in each cable. It was just casual, but the differences were so obvious that this was...
  15. P

As an objectivist I would love to agree completely, but I, with an audiologist friend, have heard differences between speaker cables. In 2002 after rebuilding a pair of speakers, my enthusiasm for the project became displaced into my being influenced by subjectivists. I tried QED Silver...
  16. P

No, I meant what I said, but maybe a little loosely expressed; attack of others is not necessarily inquisitional, it is often lateral in nature and on a completely different front, and an all inclusive inquisitional stance surely includes self analysis. Non inquisitional attack is often...
  17. P

One of my reasons for tending to dislike subjectivist forums is their tendency to sensor things, whereas science necessitates inclusion of all information which could conceivably be relevant to functioning effectiveness. To preclude any measurement which is counter to the assertion that a...
  18. P

I think that errors of thought resulting in inaccurate belief systems, and hence farcical life decisions, is a much more prevalent phenomenon than perhaps we recognise. Just look at the work of Solomon Asch to see why mass illusion can, and does, persist. Blake; "A man convinced against his...
  19. P

A good illustration, and I hope satirical, of how a locked up psychology can, and so often, function, and its futility. The more I try to analyse many of my views, the more I realise that at some early stage in life I have 'bonded' with an often ill thought out theme or belief system which...
Top Bottom