Search results

1. W

Meze Empyrean II announced + graphs

Any strong opinions on the hybrid driver array? The two voice coil positioning is argued by Meze to provide bettering imaging. Are there real technical advantages to the hybrid array (mids/highs in one coil pattern and bass in another coil pattern) or is this just something to provide product...
  2. W

A Sonos One (Gen 2) sounds deeper, better and more punchy than my KEF R11

Are you 100% sure that the coffee shop doesn't have the Sonos sub hidden somewhere out of the customer's view?
  3. W

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

I have SONOS 5 in stereo with their sub. I also find that they do not sound very good when playing "loud." I don't have measurements, but the sound to me becomes "congested." Could this be due to some type of DSP limiting or dynamically compressing the sound? If so, is this something that can be...
  4. W

Share your best “bargain of my life” story.

I bought all the back issues of Audio Amateur from the #1 to around whatever the latest issue # was around the year 1995 for less than a dollar an issue. Fascinating reading.
  5. W

Airpods Pro 2

You can find it within using SoundSource itself. Try the "select profile" drop down menu setting in the "Headphone EQ" section. Just search for "Airpods".
  6. W

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

My "serious" office set up are a couple of Sonos Fives + Sub. Trueplay tuning is a dead simple way to help with some placement/room issues. Sonos has full Roon support and so I can EQ additionally if needed. Also have more Sonos speakers throughout the house and so it was an easy decision to...
  7. W

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

It took me many months, but I ripped my entire CD collection (+2000 albums) and now listen to it using Roon. Worth thinking about if you want to play with EQ in addition to many of the other Roon benefits.
  8. W

Noise canceling headphones for outdoor power tools?

Noise cancelling headphones are not a one-to-one substitute for noise protection because the frequency range of cancellation is heavily biased towards lower frequencies. Maybe what we need is for Amir to put a tractor in the Klippel to see determine what frequencies we are trying to reduce.
  9. W

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

Last time I checked not many. The Eversolo DMP-A6 supposedly supports Apple Music. Another possibility is to use a SONOS Port which has SPDIF out I believe.
  10. W

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

What is considered an adequate frequency response and dynamic range for proper reproduction of a concert piano? And to try and keep it on topic, would a pair of KH120II work? Or do you need a sub.
  11. W

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

I'm assuming this is when you are not applying any EQ? I wonder if the difference is large enough to "sound broken" if you EQ the HD650 and/or the DCA headphones.
  12. W

Airpods Pro 2

I'm very satisfied listening to music with my AirPods Max with EQ (Crinacle). But I also enjoy the SQ of the Airpods Pro 2.
  13. W

Airpods Pro 2

I've only seen them sold by size, at least in North America. The package I got include the adapter for the AirPod Pro and 2 pairs of tips.
  14. W

Airpods Pro 2

Yes and maybe. For my AirPods Pro (GEN1) the medium tips almost worked, but I found that it was slightly too small for my right ear canal. With the SpinFit CP1025, the medium-size tips fit slightly better (for me) than the original apple tips. I improved the fit even better by using the M size...
  15. W

I've owned speakers by.....

Radio Shack (Realistic) Minimus 7 Reference 3a Royal Master Control Sonos (5s, 1s, Sub, soundbar) Apple Homepods (OG)
  16. W

Neumann ndh30 or audeze mm500 for mixing? Which one would you recommend?

I'm curious about the differences you hear in the NDH20 vs 30. Similar tunings or are they different beasts?
  17. W

Airpods Pro 2

I use SpinFit CP1025. CP1025. There have 4 sizes so you might find one closer to your optimum size. Also it is hard to describe but the flange is softer yet the understructure of the tip produces plenty of rebound. I find this "nonlinear" fit better for me. Good luck.
  18. W

What are the best speakers that try to emulate live music?

A complimentary question is what microphone set up and production techniques best capture the "artist in the room" quality of a recording.
  19. W

Audioquest Nightowl Carbon PEQ?

Are there distortion measurements available?
Top Bottom