Search results

1. RigorDude

LYNEPAUDIO B049 Audio Switcher Review

Did you test any inputs or outputs other than in1 and out1?
  2. RigorDude

Understanding Audio Dynamic Range / SNR (Part 1)

Thanks - very nice to have on hand for the next hum event.
  3. RigorDude

Analysis of Paper on Measurements of RCA Cables by Kunchur (Video)

I make no claims for the merits of his cable paper. On the other hand, dismissing his work for not conforming to standard audio engineering practice strikes me as questionable.
  4. RigorDude

I strongly agree. “Floor” is a misleading word in this context. The “noise floor” is often not a floor so much as the top of a steeple, a specific frequency or handful of frequencies at a level well above the rest of the spectrum. Such noises can be heard past if one is not trying to notice...
  5. RigorDude

The link at the bottom of your post looks interesting — especially as the piece is from MIT! Alas, the link goes to a 404 page. Perhaps the document has been renamed?
  6. RigorDude

Analysis of Paper on Measurements of RCA Cables by Kunchur (Video)

You keep talking like Kunchur’s field is astrophysics. It is not. His primary field is condensed-matter physics, in which he would likely be quite well grounded in the behaviors of EM conducting materials. Astrophysics isn’t even listed as an interest. The only link to astrophysics is the name...
  7. RigorDude

ART Precision Phono Pre Review

Thanks. Didn't notice it on the first pass. And I gather that it's a new thing for phono stage tests, so I wasn't expecting it.
  8. RigorDude

Just to be clear: I didn't say anything at all in my post about the "compliance" of a tonearm, let alone that a mismatch in them is a crippling problem. The the notion that compliance can be an attribute of tonearms is yours, not mine. In my experience (and my post) compliance is a property of...
  9. RigorDude

Care to consider the substance? I agree there is quite a bit of b.s. around turntable design (metal platters impart a more “solid” sound and such). But it’s not all b.s. The point that there are very different effective masses in the horizontal and vertical planes is not myth or misinformation...
  10. RigorDude

Turntable designer Pierre Lurné (Audiomeca) has a trenchant discussion of the engineering problems with tangential arms here: http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/lurne_air_bearing_e.html This is the key point: “The major error concerns the Mass Distribution and therefore the Dynamic Properties...
  11. RigorDude

Why do the measurements for phono amps include only a 1 kHz tone? Wouldn’t it be useful to see distortion vs. frequency?
  12. RigorDude

New TEAC power amp based on Hypex Ncore.

What Hypex (or other class D module) amps would you vouch for?
  13. RigorDude

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Tear Down

Thanks - very helpful. I think it’s best, in general, to have fewer potentiometers in the signal chain - just one if possible. I haven’t seen a board without a pot but maybe I’m not looking in the right place. I had a two channel TPA3116 board that sounded really nice with a ham radio power...
  14. RigorDude

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Tear Down

I really wish someone would make a version of one of these TI chip amps without the volume control, which is invariably a cheap part that degrades the sound. And with a decent power supply. Something like the discontinued basic Allo Volt.
  15. RigorDude

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Which balanced input was used for the test? Seems like the inputs on the second box might have a bit more noise.
  16. RigorDude

The Most Audiophool Thing You Own

Hard to see how this unit is any way frivolous. Looks like a solid, no-frills class AB design and a pretty good value. I won't name the mfr. as it is still in business and this isn't exactly the most flattering venue for it to turn up in a google search.
  17. RigorDude

Devialet Expert 200 Amplifier, DAC and Streamer Review

No, no, no. I said no such things. Please learn to read.
  18. RigorDude

Which speakers are the Classical Music Pros using?

What studio? Do they record/master classical music? Any examples of their work?
  19. RigorDude

By "you guys" you seem to be imputing these views to me. Wrongly, if so. Find someone else's mouth to put words into.
  20. RigorDude

Not exactly. I've gathered that Amir picks and chooses from what is offered to him for review. In this case, it seems he was keen enough on reviewing a Devialet product to overlook the fact that this particular unit was far less than ideal as a review sample.
Top Bottom