Search results

1. Lao Lu

DIY speakers

Cabinets HxWxD measurements? Looks great!
  2. Lao Lu

The Death of Windows 10

And the OS I am using on that 4G ram machine is not even a lightweight one...and it flies in comparison to my new Mac M1 machine....
  3. Lao Lu

The Death of Windows 10

Try Linux Mint or Zorin; they are really intuitive and easy to use. As mentioned elsewhere I was not STEM major and I have no trouble with these two.
  4. Lao Lu

The Death of Windows 10

Yes! They are both not as stable and their GUI are not user friendly. I have the MacBook Air (16G and 1T) and I cannot believe how much slower and unstable it is to a number of Linux operating systems. And I would like to add I was Lit major back in the day.
  5. Lao Lu

The Death of Windows 10

The constant 'C' Drive problems were the last straw for me; on that machine, a six-year-old ThinkPad, I have Linux Mint running great. Last week, someone gave me their eight-year-old MacBook Pro that had been running slow. In under ten minutes I installed Linux Zorin, and it is now one of the...
  6. Lao Lu

Lute Music and Other Early Music: Stunning Recordings We Love

I was worried that he had already been mentioned....my VPN is down here and that means all Youtube pictures can not even be viewed in a thread....:mad:
  7. Lao Lu

Lute Music and Other Early Music: Stunning Recordings We Love

I do not know if Mr. Wilson has been mentioned.....Lovely......
  8. Lao Lu

Just when you thought you understood vented speaker impedance!

Just a short, off topic question from someone who has been considering employing the services of someone such as yourself: Does this mean that sealed-box construction is easier to design and build? Thank you for you many interesting posts.
  9. Lao Lu

Focal Diablo Utopia As Nearfield Speakers

The shop where I purchased my ATC 19s had these as well as smaller Genelec monitors. The Focals were amazing in that that they filled the entire back wall of that shop with a seamless wall of vibrant clarity....would love to have them...subject to luxury taxes here they were very expensive.
  10. Lao Lu

Any lovers of ambient?

Unlike most of the tracks offered here this excerpt from Deep Listening Band's album "The Ready Made Boomerang" uses not a single watt of electronic amplification, relying instead on the remarkable acoustics of Fort Worden's cistern: One notable feature of the park is the 2,000,000 gallon...
  11. Lao Lu

ATC SCM19 Bookshelf Speaker Review

a bit meddled....muddled....
  12. Lao Lu

Feeling frustrated, not sure where to go (speaker choice)

Troels 3-way featuring the SB Acoustics drivers are very affordable, and I bet they sound wonderful....
  13. Lao Lu

New to Mac...inevitable questions.....

Thanks Nemo...I might try it as a last resort...I paid money for JRiver so I would like to use it....it works great for downloads but I am experiencing trouble when ripping CDs...
  14. Lao Lu

Got the new M1 Mini and it is pretty smooth for the money...
  15. Lao Lu

Good morning from Beijing---I have finally gotten a Mac and as a long-term JRiver user I am befuddled as iTunes steps in and grabs every CD Rip...how to disable this thing?
  16. Lao Lu

A quick question:

Thank you so much for your help, I will give it a try.
  17. Lao Lu

A quick question:

I am using wasapi...I think you are right...I have been considering buying a dedicated server....
  18. Lao Lu

A quick question:

Usually at startup, but not always....sometimes it happens after switching from a local (Chinese) streaming service to JRiver...
Top Bottom