Search results

1. B

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Yes Tidal Connect is supported with and without.
  2. B

Thank you sir. I've been waiting on this.
  3. B

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

That looks beautiful! Does this also mean the newest batch of 502s have arrived from Hypex?
  4. B

Good headphone for vocals (max 300$)

For headphones Sennheiser 650 (and likely anything in that series). For iems Penon are fantastic. Havent heard the whole line up but everything I've read echos my experience with the Penon Globe and Volt beautiful mids. Globe can be had for your budget. And you can snag great deals on them used...
  5. B

help this noob please. looking for 2.1 speaker amps

I have the jbl 530 and really like them. Can't say I've ive yet spent a ton of time with them or could compare them to the others. But I will say if you can wait for the sale which frequently show up on JBL and Harmon sites at different times, they can be had for as low as $240 a pair with free...
  6. B

Is this the way? MiniDSP Flex for preamp/DAC duties?

Wow thank you very much for this detailed information. I am on the edge of making the leap for a minidsp SHD. I just wonder if I will really get a massive benefit with my two current systems being 2.0. Like I said my intention is to get a sub down the road, but perhaps those funds may be...
  7. B

WTB: MiniDSP SHD with UMIK-1 and Dirac

Hi all! The title says it all. I'm in the US. Hoping to purchase for ~$900.
  8. B

Hope it works out for you. If not Im shopping for a unit on the used market.
  9. B

Excellent. I appreciate the endorsement. Its a either a used SHD or Flex for me.
  10. B

That sounds great. I am actually contemplating whether I should just be patient, and see if I can land a miniDSP SHD. If I can pick one up used that includes the mircophone and Dirac license, I might make out with a more capable unit (with 4 xlr and 4 rca outputs) for the same price after all...
  11. B

Yes I can a mange that! Now I have to force myself to pull the trigger. Big purchase for me. But I do not see a better way to accomplish this. Thank you for all your help.
  12. B

miniDSP Flex

I am reposting this here, as I had posted in the amplification section and may be a better fit here. Tonycollinet already provided some great feedback, so thank you for that! I am trying to move forward in the most cost-effective way, but am willing to spend a buck if it's warranted...
  13. B

I attempted to find a cable that would do that, but hadn't yet landed on one can't say it was exhaustive research. Do you know if they make something like that or is that going to be something I have to build myself?
  14. B

Not yet, but that is what the upgrade path could look like, so if there are problems with that then this solution would not exactly be future proof.
  15. B

Yes this is what I am thinking. I like the idea of the splitter you propose. However, the problem here is that I was thinking to get the balanced version of the Flex, as the FTX 2000 is a balanced amp. But the Pioneer is single ended. I nearly went brain dead trying to figure out if I could...
  16. B

See tonycollinet's response below. That is what I am trying to do.
  17. B

I just realized I think I put this in the wrong forum section I wonder if I should relocate? Whoops. Regardless, thanks for your response! Any suggestions on eliminating that hastle. I know the Flex doesn't have 2 zone capabilties. I was just thinking I could use the seperate profiles I that...
  18. B

Hi all! I am new here, but been lurking awhile. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me. I am trying to move forward in the most cost-effective way, but am willing to spend a buck if it's warranted. Basically, I think my Emotiva DC-1 which is preforming preamp/DAC duties has...
  19. B

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Thank you both! This puts me at ease. I think I will be ordering the balanced Flex.
Top Bottom