Search results

1. S

Passive DIY sub integration

I have an eq running on my pc, there is none on my card. yes but 1. it doesn't really matter for a sub and 2. the behringer has a super loud fan which is bad since the amp will stand near me without isolation
  2. S

okay yes that is a good idea! will go with the crown xls 1502 by the looks of it. Thanks! Later on I can still opt into the id44 or minidsp flex :)
  3. S

so basically split each channel after pre out from my id4 and feed one of each into sub amp and one of each through high pass into the actives. Then set low pass in dsp of sub amp to the same frequency or just use a low pass in line? Only problem I see here is that I need to always unplug the...
  4. S

alright after comparing specs the motu and steinberg fall out, they deliver waaayyyy less power than the id44. I need power cause of my power hungry HD6XX. Also the id44 looks the best imo. The money I'd have to spend on that + an amp is still pretty painful :') All that just for some sub...
  5. S

okay i found ultralite mk5, id44 or steinberg ur44c. wonder how the headphone out performs though. don't know which one though. Will probably try to sell my current interface then :( You will be missed
  6. S

but then my actives will play the bass too ahh yes was just wondering if there are any products like the flex but with head out. Thanks! Will look through thomann.
  7. S

the flex would be something but I'd need the balanced one and that's quite expensive at 750€ and I still need an amp afterwards. Also I'd basically render my id4 useless other than headphone use and recording :/ nope but the implementation on the apa1200 is quite bad, you can finde the review...
  8. S

hmm yes that would be an option, I could just run the turntable into the instrument jack of my id4. need to test it though since i don't know much about the quality of the adc inside
  9. S

yeah for subs measurements don't really matter but for my a7x it absolutely does when the signal they receive get put through a poorly designed active crossover or dsp(adc --> dsp --> dac)
  10. S

thanks for your reply! The 501 sadly doesn't have a dsp pre output to feed into the actives. The 502 on the other hand has a spdif output. Sadly my audient id4 doesn't have an spdif in though, so I'd need a seperate dac which I absolutely don't want. I could also spdif to usb and connect the...
  11. S

Hiya ^^ I am planning my first diy sub build rn (Dayton Audio RSS390HF-4), and am stuck on the integration into my existing setup. Right now, my setup looks like this: now, my sub build is passive, so I need an amp for it. It will stand right on my desk since this is a studioish setup and I...
  12. S

Y-Connecting l + r amp out channels into one mono without resistors

Ahh I see, that's interesting. One more specualtion: If a signal from one channel "bleeds" into the output of another, doesn't that mean some stuff gets cancelled out because of phase reversal? So the Signal coming out as mono in the end is a bit meh? If I have resistors it doesn't bleed, or...
  13. S

okay well I presented the maths with a sketch to my boss and well he said the following: "I did that before though and it didn't pose any problems. We have to look up the spec sheet of the amp we are using later. There definitely are amps capable of doing that.". To me that sounds like total bs...
  14. S

Thank you for the detailed explanation! Sounds logical. Now, how does this apply say between a preamp and the power amp? Is it even worse because (as far as I understand it) input impedance of power amps are quite high, while the output impedance of a pre amp is much lower, thus making the...
  15. S

One question: Why can it fry the amp? Please be technical but basic.
  16. S

Amp/DAC for Adam A7X + Adam T10s + HD6XX

what's the difference between the two? and what would make them a better choice than the audient or focusrite?
  17. S

So you too would suggest to go balanced? I am still sceptical about the audient though. I guess it's just because I am very inexperienced with audio interfaces. But am I not paying for a lot of things I don't need? Like instrument and mic input. Also HA isn't that important to me. I use speakers...
  18. S

Why do I need balanced though? If I get noise I'll just get a behringer hd400.
  19. S

okay nevermind, have decided on the topping e30 + l30 or dx7 pro. Still debating between the two.
  20. S

I sadly don't have a type c output. I have one on my case but my motherboard doens't support it. But why is type so important? I have plenty usb 3.1 type a plugs. Isn't speed the deciding factor not format? I have an optical out though. Right now I only have the interface integrated in my...
Top Bottom