Search results

1. S

Room EQ and subwoofer management hardware: Anti-Mode X2 by DSPEAKER

Hi, The Finnish company DSPEAKER has released a new product with the Anti Mode X2. How does the product ensure the alignment of the subwoofer(s) and the main speakers? Or is it just setting up EQ to get rid of the modes? Also, the X2 is only equipped with RCA output. Is it possible to use an...
  2. S

Moving overseas and mains electricity conversion

Hello, I am moving from the old continent to an island of the Atlantic Ocean. My hifi amps and stuff is all 240V but I read that the island is 110V only. What are my options if I want to plug my stereo there? Is there any AC converter available? Thanks! E.A.
  3. S

Improving my system with sub(s)

Hello, Current system: W10 with Roon -> Dirac Live -> USB -> Topping D70 DAC ->XLR Out -> Ampli Hypex NCORE MP252 (250W) -> Speakers Revel F208 sitting about 1m from front wall and 3m away from the main listening position and forming an equilateral triangle. How can I improve the bass of this...
  4. S

The Dunlavy interview (1996)

I was born in the 90´s, and there were already interesting designs, namely objective design speakers. I had a great time reading the interview of Dunlavy: https://www.stereophile.com/interviews/163/index.html Has anyone heard some of his speakers? He explains why the large horizontal dispersion...
  5. S

Streaming Non Remastered CDs

Hello, Where can I stream original CDs before remastering? Currently on Tidal and Spotify, I found them sometimes in the old compilations which are not remastered. Have you got any tip? Or should I buy the CDs... Thanks
  6. S

Best closed headphone

Hello, I am very happy with my HD650 but the wife is not happy about the noise... What would you recommend? I am thinking of three headphones: dt1790 pro (USD 400), MrSpeaker Ether CX (USD 750) and HD820 (USD 1300). What am I missing? The set up is THX 789 and Topping D70. All I need is a...
  7. S

Dynamic Range specifications and measurement for audio gear

Hello, Since this is the beginner section, I’d like to kindly ask you what should I be looking at in Amir’s/Stereophile’s reviews when it comes to dynamic range capabilities with respect to: - DACs - Amplifier - Loudspeaker/headphone What are the relevant metrics to compare? Should I be looking...
  8. S

Feedback on SPL curve

Dear ASR members, This is my first post here and I am glad to join! I would like to share with you the curves below to get your feedback generated with 1/6 smoothing. They were done at two listening positions in my room, using REW and the UMIK USB microphone. The green one is closer to the rear...
Top Bottom