Search results

1. EB1000

Danny Richie, GR Research, doesn't recommend a speaker he can't sell an "upgrade" kit for

Have you watched the entire video' or are you his rep? He clearly says he does not recommend the speakers...
  2. EB1000

You're 12, never watched a single Star Wars movie/show - where do you start?

I've followed through with the popular recommendation to start with the original trilogy. So yesterday we sat to watch the original Star Wars (2012 Remastered edited Bluray edition). Well, she fell asleep 45 minutes into it... :rolleyes: So, I guess that this was it... Thank you all for the advice.
  3. EB1000

You're 12, never watched a single Star Wars movie/show - where do you start?

Hi I'm asking for my daughter who just turned 12 and never watched any star wars movie, nor a Disney+ star war show/flic. She was only made aware of some of the iconic characters from short clips on Tiktok. Do you start from the original 70's Lucas-Film movies? The 2000's Lucas-film...
  4. EB1000

Onkyo ... end of an era.

Goodbye and good riddance. I hope Pioneer goes next...
  5. EB1000

YouTube Loudspeaker Demo Videos - Yes No Maybe?

You simply cannot demo speakers using your own speakers...
  6. EB1000

Windows 11 must be stopped

This may be true for the average user but not for advanced users. You can easily modify the Win11 installation image to remove TMP, MS account dependancy, and hardware checks... I have successfully installed Windows 11 on an 8yo Haswell machine (i7-4700k)...
  7. EB1000

What I learned from ASR

8. Topping audio products measure the best. 9. Topping audio products are unreliable.
  8. EB1000

Focal Aria 906 Speaker Review

I paid 800$ a pair for the black gloss models. They're only expensive in the US.
  9. EB1000

Dirac's new feature is great!

Just updated to the latest ver. Now based on room measurements and analysis, you get a recommendation for optimal target curve... https://www.dirac.com/new-auto-target-curve/ Tried it on my crappy NAD C658 and it really improved sound quality, especially bass...
  10. EB1000

Did I damage my amp (how to test)

It's unlikely for speakers to be damaged and then recover to sound OK. The change in sound is more likely due to the class-D amp's output filter coil saturating. The best way to test your speakers is to run a near-field REW frequency sweep with a good mic. If the curve is flat and matches the...
  11. EB1000

AXPONA 2022 ASR Meetup

I don't think snake oil manufacturers care much about measurements, nor do any of their consumers... ;) (sorry, but any audio gear that costs more than $20k is highly suspecious of being a snake oil/scam, especially a DAC based on a 20$ chipset...)
  12. EB1000

Big news coming from Sound United in 2023!

I've been told by an insider that Sound United are going to announce a collaboration with Dirac Live, which will be offered as an optional upgrade/replacement to Audyssey... The announcement is expected by end of this year. Dirac will be supported in 2023 models, including DBC in the higher...
  13. EB1000

I hate my new subwoofer for certain low frequency

Return it and get dual SVS SB2000 Pro subs. With a good RC you could get much better results with dual sealed subs...
  14. EB1000

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

The 1.2MHz spike indicates an internal bridging (or full-bridge topology with a common mode LPF). This isn't the best practice. If they used only differential LPF, where the two legs are operated at 180 deg out of phase, you wouldn't see the 600kHz component, just the effective 1.2MHz..
  15. EB1000

Will Smith assaults Chris Rock LIVE at the Oscars

Will and his wife have an OPEN relationship, meaning, other men put their junk in his wife's mouth, and the only thing that got him triggered was a joke about her hair or lack of it??? :D
  16. EB1000

A Call For Humor!

I'd love to see Amir's measurement results of this one...
  17. EB1000

Technical Article: Does Audio Cable Skin Effect Matter

As an ex-power system engineer, both proximity and skin effect did matter at 50 and 60Hz, but of course, we dealt with isolated thick aluminum/steel conductors running hundreds of miles...
  18. EB1000

Hire a professional acoustician

You could try this clown who says that once he's done telling you where to place the speakers w/o using any instrumentations (and paid 10 grand), the female singer's mouth and breast will appear much larger... :) Or you could just let your wife decide on the optimal placement, and then use a...
  19. EB1000

Ripping CD collection

I'm unable to tell the difference between Spotify 360kbps and Qobus HD, why would I car about the mastering of the CD? I download most of my music from Deezer servers in FLAC format. The service does not specify the album's mastering or edition.
  20. EB1000

Ripping CD collection

With the exception of very rare CDs not available on any streaming services, ripping a CD is a total waste of time. Just download a lossless digital copy (many streaming services allow it via unofficial 3rd party apps, usually found on GitHub).
Top Bottom