Search results

1. D

Is HD800S worth it over HD600 with 4.5x price difference?

An interesting post - i too have an A100, and actually replaced it with a JDS Labs Atom. I my HD800s have hiss on the A100, and i always felt a little underwhelmed with the cans on that am. Picked up the Atom the other day for $50, and i love it in every way more than the A100. The signal is...
  2. D

Looking for a DAC recommendation for my speaker/HP combo setup

Look, I am sure it’s “good enough”, but I truly have no desire for the cheap dongle... I am after a good desktop solution, ideally with a variety of inputs, and as good of a chip as I can get. From what has been said, I am torn between the D10 for cost, and the D50s for the features, and...
  3. D

I hate to admit it, but i have a mental block accepting that a bigger DAC, featuring full caps and good sets of resistors (for filtering, etc) wouldn't sound better than a simple tiny dongle. Won't be the first time i am wrong, but my mind isn't there yet. ;) As it is, i want a full size DAC...
  4. D

I realllllly don't get the dongle recommendations, but maybe i don't understand something. You simply can't put the electronics inside (filtering, etc) that could match a full breakout box. I will also say, this PC is mixed music and gaming.. i don't need virtual surround, but would like...
  5. D

Fair enough, while i love audio, its been a long while since i have purchased something like this; i still have it in my mind that the new flagship chips *should* sound better.. i guess you are just paying for features/connectivity. And i REALLY appreciate the offer, but i dont think i can take...
  6. D

Hey guys! It has taken a long time, but i have finally made strides into getting an audio system i am proud of, one that really (literally) sings. As it stands, I am using the following: Source - PC and/or Acoustic Research M2 DAP DAC- Creative E5 AMP - Emotive BAS-X A100 Speakers - Vienna...
Top Bottom