Search results

1. N

Why I don't buy re-masters..

Always checking with Spek - Acoustic Spectrum Analyser.
  2. N

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

Holy smokes. :D New censorship straight from Chinas Winnie the Poo, ahem, amirm himself. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-rules-for-review-threads.18744/ That is how you deal with the unwanted people sharing their opinions disliking these audio"science"-headphone...
  3. N

Hifiman HE400i Review (planar headphone)

One of the many things I'd like to see in real audiosciencereview. But as already mentioned here, he stubbornly clings to being (for the time being) one of the subjectivist reviewers himself, since he writes subjectivist headphone reviews mixed with a tiny bit of objective data (measurements)...
  4. N

SMSL SP400 Balanced Headphone Amplifier THX AAA

May consider this over the topping a90. As good as the A90 is, I Have bad luck with the second unit of it, having some high pitched noise coming from inside (some coil or the power supply) which got even louder the more time passed. If the power supply is as good as smsl says, I might consider...
  5. N

ASR Getting Into Measuring Headphones!

Leaving the note, to contemplate, that amirm now becomes one of the subjectivist reviewers himself, since he wants to start subjectivist headphone reviews mixed with a tiny bit of objective data (measurements). Measuring only frequency response and distortion is not nearly enough to give a fair...
  6. N

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

I leave the dac volume fixed at 98 and the amp knob fixed too. I use Jriver audio software player's internal volume https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Volume Internal Volume applies volume inside the 64bit JRiver audio engine Any drawback using this? It says it has even some advantages...
  7. N

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

I asked the same question (since it is hard to search this up among 10000k comments). M400 xlr ouput is 10k ohms. Topping A90: 2kOhm for balance input. 10k for unbalanced. So far Gustards data for dacs A18 or X16 was correct so far, with only low deviations of 50 ohms. Output impedance 100...
  8. N

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Here is the e-mail address #41 - email address: [email protected] Tel:18682080102 (for mandarin only) Wechat:18682080102 Also: Fuck MQA! Do not like this gaining more traction. @amirm Could you add this to the end of you review please...
  9. N

GUSTARD H16 Balanced Headphone Amplifier

In english Gus-tard - with a short "u" and a sharp "s".
  10. N

Denon DA-500 Vintage R2R DAC Review

The main cable looks like it would be the first thing to break; cable break after few time moving the device around. I interpreted the panther the same: the faule (lazy) panther who does not care about measurements at all and want's to chill. Every time measurement is for educational reasons or...
  11. N

Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier Review & Comparison

Funny. When it comes to distortion/noise these energizers do not measure well, which should translate in only a semi-decent listening performance with the stax electrostatic headphones. Simply put: The energizers hinder the performance of the headphones. Still the SR-009/S, SR-007 or the likes...
  12. N

AudioQuest Wind High-end Cable Review

The panther reaching into the piggy bank symbolizes how these manufacturers stealing the last cents from the pockets of gullible customers!
  13. N

I'm confused a bit. It worked with AIMP, while the sample rate of the browser video was different than the sample rate of my music playing in AIMP. With driver issue, you mean the driver of the music player? I watched in the Jriver folder and see that Jriver has it own asio driver dll called...
  14. N

@Atanasi Dou you know if the multi client asio thing is also dependent of the music player? I used AIMP and the asio multi client exclusivity worked. Now I'm testing JRiver, selected "USB DAC (ASIO)" as the device and everything outside of the music player software is automatically muted. I...
  15. N

So is this Asio mode is not exclusive, meaning talking directly to the audio device driver, bypassing the windows audio engine? If it supports multiple clients at he same time, it isn't exclusive, or can these contraries exist? Microsofts own wasapi is doing it as it seems. Edit: I...
  16. N

Everyone who dislikes that for topping d90, smsl m400 or su-9, the screen can't be turned off manually, or automatically after some seconds, should write an e-mail to the support asap. Ask the support to forward it to the employee in charge. Ask for confirmation, because the usually respond with...
  17. N

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

A beginner-question :p Wanted to use a cable xlr-in and xlr-out (headphone); so balanced in and balanced out. Manual say signal-to-noise is some dB lower for cinch/rca in and balanced-out. I suppose it is no biggie? Rather have 4 V input and balanced output (no grounding issues?) than limited...
  18. N

@Veri thanks for answering.
  19. N

A question: Smsl m400, topping d90 or gustard a18 are using two accusilicon femto seconds clock. The SU-9 is not. Does this have any relevance for performance or reliability? The pictures of su-9, m400 and D90 internals. SU9 looks a little bit less packed than m400, but definitely less than d90...
  20. N

A respond to #187. So that's not the 3,7k ohms input impedance Amirm suggested (10:1 ratio). "Lose some level" means audio loudness? - Will that effect measurements for noise, distortion etcetera? - Will I be able to crank up the channel to 4.7 V or stay below? Just unsure which DAC for a good...
Top Bottom