Search results

1. E

Good EQ for MacOS and IOS (IPAD) to Play Qobuz on Headphones

Yes... But what if i'm not at home? And just using 5g?
  2. E

Good EQ for MacOS and IOS (IPAD) to Play Qobuz on Headphones

Hi dears, I'm looking for answers to solve the same pain point. I just want to be able to eq my Tidal or Qobuz music played through an iPhone (iOS). I came across this link: https://www.headphonesty.com/2022/10/equalizer-app-iphone/ Anyone tried Boom and Vox? Apparently Boom works with Tidal and...
  3. E

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Hi dears, back to my previous post to which you guys basically said there were no solutions... I dug a bit more and found these apps. https://www.headphonesty.com/2022/10/equalizer-app-iphone/ And some of them work with Tidal! So there's no need of a Qudelix 5k in the equation right? You guys...
  4. E

Gosh you guys just shattered my dreams in a few messages... I guess the only solution is to buy a pair of headphones that are great right out of the box without EQ? What about the Apple Music EQ? Can it be useful? Is this the only software option to be used with Tidal?
  5. E

So I ended up buying the Topping G5 and I’ve found its bluetooth quality to be not that bad at all when paired with an iPhone 14 Pro. It’s just so so convenient. So the only problem now is that I’m listening to the original frequency tuning of the Sennheiser HD800, which is too bright and light...
  6. E

Best audio equalizer for phones - Sennheiser HD800, Topping G5 and Tidal

Hey guys, I'm looking for the best audio equalizer for iOS, if there's one for my needs. I own a pair of Sennheiser HD800 that I normally listen to on a Macbook with Sonarworks reference, which flattens HD800's frequency response curve and adds a bit of bass on top of the flattening. I just...
  7. E

I sold it some time ago. And if I'm not mistaken, Topping G5 should be the one more powerful right (153mw@300ohm and 1,02w@32ohm)?
  8. E

Thanks again. 1) As I said earlier, I would use the G5 mainly as a desktop dac amp, are there any noticeable shortcomings to this? I'm a bit afraid for the battery health since the G5 will be plugged to sockets most of the time. I owned the Chord Hugo 2 which had a sort of battery protection...
  9. E

God I really should stop digging. While reading about the G5, I came across the L30 II - E30 II combo which apparently seems to be the end game. State of the art DAC and all the power to drive anything. Did I read correctly? This combo would be futureproof right? Now, I can't decide anymore :D...
  10. E

Thanks for your help! You sure it's only 260mv? Less than the sennheiser hd650?
  11. E

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Solved. My bad, too lazy for manuals :D Thanks mate! Now I got new questions on the Topping G5 thread :D https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-g5-review-portable-dac-hp-amp.36542/page-31
  12. E

Hi dears! It all started with me looking for just a budget option to revive a set of old speakers. After some research I ended up buying the Topping DX3 pro plus, since it's great for driving headphones too. But then I realized that the newer Topping G5 outperforms the DX3 pro in every aspect...
  13. E

So I got the DX3 pro plus. Nice product but I feel the power is not enough for driving the Sennheiser HD800. I'm not sure if i'm doing anything wrong with the volume settings or if there's anything that needs to be changed from default settings... With many tracks I can comfortably turn the knob...
  14. E

Thank you so much, that's what I thought too. Has anything better at this price point come out since its release? Sorry for asking this, I saw it's been released more than a year ago and this industry travels fast
  15. E

Hey dears!! Two questions: 1) Is the device from this link the same as the reviewed one on this thread? What are the differences? (I was looking for a budget good enough bluetooth receiver)...
  16. E

Looking for an upgrade over Sennheiser HD800. And then questions about objectivity in headphone evaluation

Mmm... but does this test even make sense? You're listening to the recordings through a fourth set of headphones. And this fourth set of headphones is gonna influence the 3 tested headphones' sound signatures big time right? And then we have to consider the microphone.. which might be the...
  17. E

Looking for an upgrade over Sennheiser HD800. And then questions about objectivity in headphone evaluation

Yup, lots of electronic music. I believe it's the most demanding genre in hifi and definitely the one with the highest potential in music making. We're just starting to scratch the surface of this genre. thanks mate for your opinion too! Audeze LCD-4 vs Hifiman HE1000 V2 I live in Italy and...
  18. E

Thank you mate for sharing your experience! Very helpful! So let me explain more about my situation. When I sit and listen to music, I only do it with speakers. My room is treated with 8 gik acoustics tri-traps in the corners, 4 gik soffit and another 8 gik monster bass traps for early...
Top Bottom