Search results

1. stevenswall

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Try the Gameboy switch apps with their mono midi sounds. Causes issues. On the shield it's watching Shogun or Invincible.... Or really anything. I'm using 8k cables. Hopefully there is something stable with Dirac ART soon as Storm Audio prices and up are past what I'm willing to put up with...
  2. stevenswall

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

I had a JBL SDP 55 with the 58 upgrades and all services performed on it. Dante is the digital output system, and it's broken on the JBL units: there are pops from the unit when you have Avio adaptors plugged in to get digital output. Tested with multiple dongles, multiple network switches...
  3. stevenswall

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

Wow, we are getting higher and higher priced avrs that still have 75% of the issues of past ones. If only someone could get Dante and eARC and no muting issues so that there would be an actually future proof processor where you could add dongles for any sort of connector needed in the future...
  4. stevenswall

Kali Audio LP-UNF

There was music in the background at the release party, but a solid closed door dampened a lot of it, and an echoey room to simulate less than ideal conditions. (No treatment.) Better than the UNF with coaxial drivers, not quite as even sounding as the larger LP models, though surprisingly good...
  5. stevenswall

New Kali Audio monitor

SPL and price wise. 117dB vs 110dB, and significantly cheaper. Sorry, didn't clarify that was following up from the prior paragraph on loudness. Curious to see measurements though to see which is more accurate.
  6. stevenswall

New Kali Audio monitor

I'd add that they seem to play louder than the 8331 so I'll be curious to see what the measurements show, as the active versions would likely have been my choice for my 5.1 system had they existed prior to me building it out with Genelec coaxial monitors. Vs an 8341, the Kali SM5 seems like it...
  7. stevenswall

Powered 2.1 consumer Desktop PC speakers with no audible idle hiss 2023

The IN5 will save you half an inch of width on each monitor. Not much and it's 5" but at some point you're going to need a 2.1 system with a subwoofer and a way to integrate it with a MiniDSP or a studio sub that can handle the crossover and such. Prices go up quick for that kind of thing. Or...
  8. stevenswall

WiSa technology and its future developments.

Some of those are pretty good. I'm thinking more along the lines of the crap they lost on Facebook. Platin and Klipsch a other low end options. Just give us $100 dongles for any active speaker or an amp input.
  9. stevenswall

Because actual high end speakers don't have WiSa built in from what I've seen, and dongles would allow any speaker up to a hundred trillion dollars to work with Wisa. Relative to that, it's all cheap trash. Curious though if somehow they make more money not selling dongles, because it seems...
  10. stevenswall

Thanks for finding these, I have been looking for something like this for my Genelec monitors, although at this point I have already moved on. Every single time I see ads from WISA, I comment on them on Facebook asking for dongles. Unfortunately they seem horribly focused on ultra low end...
  11. stevenswall

ATC speakers / Monitors

Could it be that they are straight up boosted in the mids? Do you recall the model? Based on this from ASR for one of their bookshelves, it could be a simple case of boosted mids if their purposeful engineering issues bleed into their larger models.
  12. stevenswall

ATC speakers / Monitors

I think any half decent speaker, even those as wonky as ATC, can sound good in a fully treated room with compensation for their frequency response anomalies... But in that case you're hearing a great room helping out an okay/average speaker. Curious what measurements would show with an ATC...
  13. stevenswall

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

This... I would love something where I could just tune it to 100dB to watch out for my hearing.
  14. stevenswall

JBL SDP-55 Audio/Video Processor Review

GS108LP100NAS Netgear That one works perfectly, except for the unit itself has an issue, so there is still a tick because the clock goes out of sync. Harmon has an issue they have recorded and if you email them they can tell you more about it and give you the case number. They are still...
  15. stevenswall

JBL M2 Reference Master Monitor Review

Have you been able to hear both? With the Amps and DSP it seems like the 8361 is a much better value, but perhaps doesn't go quite as loud?
  16. stevenswall

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

Is there a guide on how to get the output higher on this? Should 2.7v be set like in the review?
  17. stevenswall

FS: JBL SDP-55/SDP-58, Original Box, All Accessories $3800 OBO Paypal

Please delete. Broken images.
  18. stevenswall

Monolith HTP-1 AV Processor Measurements (June 2023 Firmware + User Testing)

Thanks, I'll check that out. Might look at the modified firmware I keep hearing about too if it doesn't seem too risky... I loved Android back when I was using CyanogenMod and LineageOS.
  19. stevenswall

Monolith HTP-1 AV Processor Measurements (June 2023 Firmware + User Testing)

Well, if the Monoprice works as expected it will save the hobby for me and I'll have an immersive surround sound system I enjoy at any volume level without having to change an EQ for each discreet volume level. Sonos speakers put most to shame at low volume levels, so I guess I'm no longer...
  20. stevenswall

JBL SDP 58 vs Monoprice Monolith HTP-1 Considerations and Purchase Advice

Something is very wrong if every other kind of data that has ever been passed over ethernet works with any switch that I can get at Best Buy or Walmart since the beginning of human existence. Even with thousands of devices on a professionally build independent network like at BYU Provo (Brand...
Top Bottom