Search results

1. Thermionics

PrimaLuna Dialogue Seven Tube Amp Review

Cheap shot considering Mr. Dudley passed away a couple of years ago from cancer.
  2. Thermionics

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Actually, the Onkyo A-9010 was lauded by many reviewers for its good sound on a beer budget. So perhaps a very apt comparison.
  3. Thermionics

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

I ordered one from Amazon today (thanks for the discount code). One question I have for Fosi Audio: is it possible to buy the orange knob, or was that only available for those that invested in the Kickstarter campaign (which I found about woefully too late)? Thank you.
  4. Thermionics

Fosi Audio V3 amplifier discussion

I'm going to spring for this for two reasons (well, three): The 3.5mm pre out option. The power switch integrated with the volume knob. The power rating / SINAD / S/N Ratio. This would replace the Topping TP21 that I've been using to drive my Orb Audio nearfield speakers for computer audio...
  5. Thermionics

Apt Holman Preamplifier Review (vintage Audio)

Part of the magic of the Linaeum LFX (first generation) is the use of the Vifa P13-WH-08-08 5" mid-woofer. I'm not using the speakers in a way that really can take advantage of the dipole aspect of the tweeter, but given this is near-field while I work, I don't mind terribly.
  6. Thermionics

Apt Holman Preamplifier Review (vintage Audio)

FWIW, I use my APT Holman preamp with a Raspberry Pi / Topping D90 digital source + a pair of DIY Pass ACA amps (yes, yes, I know), a Parts Express Titan 10" subwoofer and Linaeum LFX speakers in a nearfield configuration for my home office. Makes 10-12 hour workdays much more pleasant.
  7. Thermionics

Altec Mantaray Original or Diy?

Yup. That's an SP10 Mk2 alright, Mark.
  8. Thermionics

Ladder Schumann R2R DAC Review

Well, except that the Denafrips ARES II measured well.
  9. Thermionics

Top 5 streamer devices by ASR community

I had some problems when trying to use a Pi 3 with an external USB DAC (Auralic Vega), so I wouldn't say it was necessarily overblown.
  10. Thermionics

Top 5 streamer devices by ASR community

With the Pi 4, no real reason to use a hat if you have a good DAC with a USB input. With the Pi 3, the results could be a bit hit or miss.
  11. Thermionics

Carver Raven 350 Review (Tube Amp)

Miatas are fine (especially the first generation MX-5, but I'll stick with BMW (not the new rubbish they're flogging, the old E-series stuff).
  12. Thermionics

Anything is a fire hazard when the magic smoke gets let out. ;)
  13. Thermionics

It's not just bias - you are also going to have different optimal OPT primary resistances between 6550 and EL34, depending on B+.
  14. Thermionics

Unless you are physically incapable of using a manual transmission (or it is an EV), a stick shift is *always* the right answer.
  15. Thermionics

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

Could you post a photo with the platter removed (or a shot from underneath) so we can see the whole SL6 motor & drive setup?
  16. Thermionics

Update - replaced the Denon DL103r with a low-use secondhand Lyra Delos. Much lower noise floor.
  17. Thermionics

I have one of these as well - they really are obscenely good for how user-friendly and compact they are.
  18. Thermionics

Do you mainly stream music or own it?

Oh yeah, I probably have around 1000 LPs as well.
Top Bottom