Search results

1. ninetylol

Polk R500 worthy upgrade to Elac DBR62?

Hey all, wanted to hear your opinion on the matter. I think both speakers are great, the question is are the Polk Reserve R500 actually a 'upgrade' or just a 'sidegrade' to the DBR62? There are measurements for both...
  2. ninetylol

Do I really need a sub? (including REW measurements)

Hello people, I ordered a KEF Kube 12B to supplement my Elac DBR62. The sub is actually overkill for my small listening space (about 5x4,5x2,53m). After measuring (crossover 90Hz with HPF to speakers), level matching and removing room resonances (following measurements include resonances so...
  3. ninetylol

KEF Kube 12b or Kube 10b for low listening

Hey i got a pretty small room and can get booth of these subs pretty cheap for 619€ (12b) or 499€ (10b). I only listen to low/Medium volume Max 90db 99% of the time. Speakers are Elac DBR62, which i wanna cross at 120Hz. I found the following measurements: Should i invest the extra 120 for...
  4. ninetylol

How to control volume with 2 BTL mono block amps? (Sabaj A8)

Hey i ordered 2x Sabaj A8 and plan to use them as mono blocks to my Polk ES60. They do have volume knobs but I dont know how I should set them up for volume control and volume balance. E.g. Set both amps to 100% and control volume with DAC? (probably bad because amp working at 100% would...
  5. ninetylol

Rank your headphones

Hey, I thought it would be interesting to see your own subjective ratings and experiences of all the headphones you own or have owned. Since we all upgraded or sidegraded more than a few times or even ran full circles (yeah guess I´m guilty) maybe we can save others from the same fate. :D I...
  6. ninetylol

Integrating Monolith 10 sub with active speakers?

Hello there, Got a problem after purchasing the Monolith 10 yesterday (damn discounts!) and how to integrate it into my system. I currently have a Topping DX3 Pro+ connected to my active speakers (Nubert A20 RCA-IN only). I use the DX3Pro+ as a preamp to control the volume. How would i...
  7. ninetylol

Why do you need a pre amplifier?

Good day, My question is relative simple but I dont know the answer for it. What is the advantage to an pre amplifier in lets say a connected pairs of active speakers? Why cant you just connect the DAC directly to the active speakers and use DAC volume control? Why add another device...
  8. ninetylol

Why is an amplifiers distortion lowest on high volume?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldnt find an answer so far. When looking at headphone amp measurements the distortion always goes down the more power you are putting out of it, except for when its clipping at the end. Is that correct? What is the physical explanation for this...
Top Bottom