Search results

1. EVOLVIST

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

Eh, never mind. I'll just keep my Linn. I love the sound of it. I imagine that the Sabre DAC will impart a different sound to the music that I might or might not enjoy (perhaps, higher highs, or lower mids, or something along those lines that we hear with other DACs). The Matrix DAC/streamer...
  2. EVOLVIST

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

So, in theory, I should get better performance out of this $3k gear than my Linn KDS/3 streamer/DAC, which uses the same DAC as the one measured here? That's a very interesting proposition. Is there a return policy is it doesn't work out?
  3. EVOLVIST

Geshelli Archel2 Headphone AMP Review: another champ?

It probably is a combo of hearing my Linn KDS/3 for the first time via cans. Plus the amp is damn fine. Couple that with my new cans and I think I've reached a serendipitous symbiosis with my HP rig now.
  4. EVOLVIST

Then how come everybody isn't making amps like this? The idea of getting exactly what comes out of a DAC should be the call to all, i.e. "A wire with gain." I mean, I'm just asking, because I don't know. You make it sound so easy. I have the 2.5 and I've never heard such clarity in a headphone...
  5. EVOLVIST

I have no idea what this shit mean. :) What's the secret sauce and why isn't everybody doing it to achieve almost distortion-free results?
  6. EVOLVIST

Review and Measurements of Linn Akurate DSM DAC/Streamer

Okay, so I spoke to my buddy who is very much on the inside with Linn. He surprised me when he wrote that Linn is aware of @amirm measurements. Well, I guess it's not too surprising; the audio side of the internet is a small world. Anyway, I bought my KDS/3 in 2017 when the only way you can...
  7. EVOLVIST

Yeah, I'm seriously thinking about it. Amir wants to review it. I got even more curious about the Linn's performance when I plugged the Archel2.5 Pro HP amp into the Linn and used that for playback with my HE1000se cans. I was hearing a lot more music and a lot more micro-detail than I did...
  8. EVOLVIST

So, do you guys think that it would be worth having my Linn Klimax DS/3 measured by Amir, or do you think it will be the same as the Akurate as both have the same Katalyst DAC architecture?
  9. EVOLVIST

Geshelli archel2/.5 pro owners club

I got mine today. It didn't take but a few seconds to hear that I was hearing my Linn KD/3 and not the amp. This was because I had a few tracks selected that I would play through my Chord DAVE using my new HE1000se cans. I did this for a few days leading up to getting the Archell2.5. Then when...
  10. EVOLVIST

I get my 2.5 tomorrow, so I'm geeked! I listen with speakers mostly, but when I want the headphone experience, I'm looking to round out my gear and call it a day. I'm hoping this will be the missing link I've been searching for.
  11. EVOLVIST

I guess we're kind of assuming that the ARCHEL2.5 PRO Amp measures the same as the one reviewed here?
  12. EVOLVIST

I think I'm going to go ahead and order the ARCHEL2.5 PRO Amp and pair it with my Linn KDS/3. If the amp is everything it's said to be, then I should be getting the unadulterated sounds from the Linn into my HE1000se, yeah? I've never heard my Linn out of anything other than speakers. It...
  13. EVOLVIST

D-Sonic Amps...what do you think (in theory)?

Good question! I had one first and it couldn't drive my speakers for shit. Impedance: 6 ohms average, 4 ohms minimum at 35Hz. Sensitivity: 88.5dB/W/m Just no grip on the audio, all the way around. But that makes sense if I'm trying to drive them with the 100w that the AHB2 puts out. I would...
  14. EVOLVIST

I don't know. Every time I think about "upgrading" my D-Sonic amp I simply can't do it. I've brought in two Class A/B amps to demo since I made this post and whether I'm just used to the sound of the D-Sonic or what, I like what I have. Well, I don't don't know if it's being used to the sound...
  15. EVOLVIST

Yeah, these amps are nearly pure Pascal, if not 100% so. Whatever "proprietary" anything in there is...well, I don't even know if it's up for debate. I know where he buys his parts from. That's not a slam on D-Sonic, but I think I catch your drift.
  16. EVOLVIST

Yeah, that's what I'm think, about the real word usage, could I tell a difference or not, is it injecting noise at such a low level that the ear isn't going to pick it up, and also, am I simply going through updrade-itis with no real reason to do so. It happens to the best of us. But I would...
  17. EVOLVIST

Thank you for the reply. Just to be clear, though, about the aforementioned "buddies," these are the kind that come over to hear your system, but all they talk about is their systems. :facepalm: I don't mean screw them indefinitely, but you know, it's difficult sometimes. Actually I'm hoping...
  18. EVOLVIST

So, I'm new here, right, and frankly I'm geeking on all of the knowledge, so I thought I would start a thread that was similar to other thread aboard here. I don't have the equipment to measure gear myself, so I pulled from the website measurements for the D-Sonic amps. Now, we can only look at...
  19. EVOLVIST

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Yeah, the 200W rule of thumb has always been my um...yeah, rule of thumb. I think you'd need to run AHB2 in bridged mono to get some real grunt out of them.
  20. EVOLVIST

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

What make and model speakers do you have? I had a ABH2 trying to drive my Egglestonworks Andra IIs and I felt the amp lacked the balls to really grab hold and drive them. I'm not dogging the amp. I was told well after the fact that I should have has two, running as monoblocks, to really give...
Top Bottom